Creating a TimeLine in PowerPoint Ana Morales EDLD 590 Southern University
• Open Power Point and click to create a blank slide show.
• Insert illustrations from the “insert” tab.• (these can be blocks, shapes or anything you want).
• On the insert tab in the illustrations group click “SmartArt ”graphic gallery.• From the choose SmartArt graphic select “process”.• Select the appropriate timeline layout to insert a timeline graphic into the slide.
• Enter the project milestone or event by double clicking TEXT ant then typing or pasting your information.• Use the formatting palette to format the text if the default style doesn’t suit your needs.
• Add to the timeline by selecting the SMARTART graphic.• Click the timeline entry closest to where you need to add a new entry from SMARTART TOOLS which reside on the DESIGN tab.• Click “ADD SHAPE” from the Create Graphic Group. Select “Add Shape After” or “Add Shape Before”.
• Delete an entry by highlighting and pressing the “Delete” key.• Move an entry by selecting “Move Up” or “Move Down” from the Create Graphic Group located on the Design tab.