HOW TO PLAY PRELUDE
“Our staff found Prelude fun, engaging and stimulating. Prelude is a trust accelerator. It
revealed assets in some of our team previously hidden.”
PRELUDE is an interactive online game for virtual teams that accelerates trust:
• Teams are guided step by step by a trained facilitator.
• Any number of individuals and teams can play.
• Four sequential activity modules, synchronous and asynchronous.
• Combines psychometrics and creative process.
• Scheduled to suit team’s calendar. Each activity is 30 – 60 minutes dependent on team size.
Total time 3-6 hours. May be played on any platform i.e. Lync, Hangouts, Skype, WebEx, etc.
• Strengthened Emotional Intelligence
• Improved Communication
• Better Appreciation of Diverse Assets
• More Effective Collaboration
• Positive Team Mental Model
• Increased Well Being
• 5 development tools in one game
• 20 virtual team best practices
Module 1 iStar: This is an online self-assessment. Players
generate a profile of strengths, capacities, and
communication style in the form of an iStar Badge. The
elements – air, fire, water, & earth – are used as metaphors.
Module 2 iTag: Players use their iStar
profile to create a powerful symbol of self,
called an iTag. These are shared in the team’s
gallery. Uses PowerPoint.
Module 3 weTag: Players are grouped into
four teams – air, fire, water, & earth – based
on their iStar to co-create a new weTag. This
involves negotiation, compromise, consensus, creative thinking. Uses
Module 4 allTag: The four teams face a final creative challenge. This
requires intra- and inter-team discourse, critical thinking, strategy,
communication, collaboration, and consensus. The allTag is a symbolic team
portrait and visual marker of experience. Uses PowerPoint Online.
Reflective and practical exercises throughout game
TEAM ALIGNMENT PLAN & ANALYTICS
Team Alignment Plan correlates team soft skills to pending project goals, deliverables, tasks, and
schedules. iStar Analytics identifies whether team has the optimal balance of personalities, skills &
capacitites and how to bridge the gap.
Alexey Pikulev CSM/CSPO/CSP IS A BUSINESS AGILITY COACH, A LICENSED MANAGEMENT 3.0 TRAINER,
AND A CERTIFIED PRELUDE VIRTUAL GAME FACILITATOR/TRAINER.