Mobile Development Process
How to put some more quality on it…
Have you ever?
• Received an app totally different from what
• Had a different app behavior than expected?
• Some parts of your app does nothing?
• Doesn´t work in a live environment?
• You are not alone…
• Don´t forget to talk to the customer.
• Don´t forget to write what the customer
wants…you may need to remenber him.
• Don´t forget to explain what you are
preparing to deliver to the customer.
• Don´t forget to test before showing to the
• Don´t forget who is the customer
What is a mobile App?
• It´s a software: then it needs
to automate human tasks.
• It´s aimed to either reduce
our effort in doing things,
simply to make it faster.
• It´s required that it interacts
with the user and with other
machines in a intuitive and
How to start?
• You have an idea:
– It may come from a problem
– Or even from something that needs to be done
– Or simply from your idea….
Your idea is the icing on
Then, it´s mobile…what is it?
Looks like agile!
Simply make it simple and
being delivered in small drops,
each with it´s own purpose.
A requirement specification is where you:
•Agree with the customer what he wants;
•Agree with the developer what he is going to do;
•Separate the requirements into drops;
•Define infrastructure requirements (Cloud, Design, etc…)
•Colors (appliance of trademarks, etc..)
•Templates and menus;
•Usability (user experience!)
Test (Where is dev?)
Development is the more
common steps! Most
developer go straight into it.
What to test:
•The requirements that
where defined! These are
the ones to be tested!
•Run alone first!
•Accept and test with
• New material detailing each step!
• Coming on next weeks, keep following me on:
– Linkedin (Alexandre Nogueira)
– Slideshare (this presentation)