Lesson Plan Nº 3
Teacher educator: Estela Braun and Liliana Monserrat
Student teachers: Gianna Di Dino / Alexandra Fuentes
Pedagogical partner: Alexandra Fuentes / Gianna Di Dino
School: Escuela Nº 6 Ricardo Gutierrez
Timetable: Monday from 8:00 to 9:00 / 9:00 to 10:00
Textbook: Teacher’s own booklet
Courses: 5to A / 5to B
Topic: Family Members
Class Nº 3
+ To develop good rapport with students by creating a nice classroom atmosphere.
+ To help students improve their macroskills (speaking, reading, listening and writing).
+ To encourage students’ participation.
+ To engage students’ interest by providing motivating activities
* To review vocabulary so as to activate prior knowledge related to description (short, long, hair,
eyes, etc.) and family members.
* To improve speaking, reading, listening and writing macroskills.
* To practice the pronunciation and spelling of the vocabulary learnt in previous classes.
(parents, father, mother, wife, husband, grandparents, grandmother, grandfather, son, sister,
brother, baby, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, cousin, daughter)
Stages in the lesson Type of interaction Macroskills Timing Materials
-Work in pairs: students will
read aloud to a classmate.
-Teacher will take their
productions home to correct
Check vocabulary and
introduce THEY by
completing the sentences on
Body of the lesson:
Activity 1: complete ex. 3,
- Teacher reads sentences
and elicits answers from
Activity 2: matching ex.
- Teacher reads and
explains the vocabulary.
- Students match
- Teacher checks orally.
Activity 3: Add new
vocabulary to the Simpsons
Activity 4: Complete with
the correct words.
Game: Matching spelling
Whole class Listening 13’ Photocopies
Who has got...?
Whole class Speaking 5’
Warm up activity:
1) Lisa and Maggui. They are _______________.
2) Homer and Marge. They are ______________.
3) Abraham and Mona. They are ______________.
4) Patty and Selma. They are ________________.
Complete the sentences:
1) Homer has got a wife. Marge has got a ___________. (Homer)
2) Homer and Marge have got a son. They have got two ____________. (Lisa and Maggui)
3) Homer has got a brother. Marge has got two_____________. (Patty and Selma)
4) Bart, Lisa and Maggui have got two aunts. They have got an ___________. (Herb)
5) Patty and Selma have got two nieces. They have got a _____________. (Bart)
6) Selma has got an adopted daughter, Ling. Bart, Lisa and Maggui have got a _________.
Student will be divided in two groups and form two rows.
The teacher will read a word and one member of each groups has to pick up the paper that matches with
what s/he heard. If the match is correct, the group gets one point.
The winner is the group that has more points.
Words: parents, father, mother, wife, husband, grandparents, grandmother, grandfather, son, sister,
brother, baby, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece, cousin, daughter.