10:35 AM - Brainstorm Engaging Clients - Whiteboard Activity
10:50 AM – Presentation 10 Tips For Facilitating Online
Ten Tips For Successful Online Facilitation It’s all about ....... YOU .
1. KISS Keep it simple......avoid looking silly ( your humour may not translate the same online ).
2. Assumptions Don't assume anything..... Your learners may ‘sound’ web savvy but you may just discover that they are nowhere near where they need to be to be successful in communicating online ( or .......quite the opposite !)
3. Clear Communication Online communication is tricky.... face-to-face can be too.......it depends on who’s involved and from where and what and how.... Hi !
4. Engagement Connect with your learners using a range of platforms which support the learning experience ie. email, phone, handouts, learner guides ....scaffold your learners into the online environment
5. Purpose Every component of the online learning experience should have purpose ...be timely ..... be connected
6. Preparedness Know where your headed..... be prepared for change and ensure your learners are connected to the learning experience in a dynamic way
7. Responsiveness All aspects of your online facilitation should be open to constructive criticism
8. Building Trust Participants with an active role in your online session you will ‘feel’ included.
9. Blended ? Blended learning.....NOT replacing what we do best with something new rather .......using online learning as PART of the whole equation.
10. Knowledge | Skills | Attitude It’s all about fostering positive attitudes to communicating with others online......isn't it ?
11:00 AM - Digital Yoga Staying Alive Online & Offline
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kk/117906175/ Digital Yoga Stretches, positions and things to keep you alive online and offline.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kk/117906175/ Ergonomics What does your workstation look like ? What sorts of things do you do to ensure you maintain a healthy working environment ?
BEHAVIOURISM “ ....the proposition that all things which organisms do — including acting, thinking and feeling—can and should be regarded as behaviors .  “ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behaviourism
CONSTRUCTIVISM “ .... Constructivism values developmentally-appropriate facilitator-supported learning that is initiated and directed by the learner. This is the path through which educators (facilitators) wish to approach students in constructing meaning of new concepts. “ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructivism
CONNECTIVISM “ .... It originated in Italian science fiction as an initiative of a group of writers , bloggers and artists . . “ “ The starting point of connectivism is the individual. Personal knowledge is comprised of a network, which feeds into organizations and institutions, which in turn feed back into the network, and then continue to provide learning to individual.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectivism http://www.elearnspace.org/Articles/connectivism.htm
11:40 AM - Poll Feedback - Participant Experience
It’s been great meeting with you all and I look forward to seeing you next session It’s a wrap !