WordPress (Best pick for beginners, works well for small to medium sized websites & blogs) Joomla (Good for ecommerce type of sites, but require at least some level of technical coding) Drupal (The hardest, but also the most powerful CMS)
START BUILDNING WORDPRESS WEBSITES IN ETHIOPIA - SEE HOW!
WHAT IS WORDPRESS?
”WordPresss is an open
programmed in PHP
”WordPress is the simplest and
most powerful publishing
tool (CMS) for blogs and
WHAT IS WORDPRESS?
• Content managment system (CMS) focusing on
apperance (design), web standards and usability
• Started 2003 as a weblog by Matt Mullenwegg
• Free to download, use and freely distribute
• Open source (by and for the community)
• Every version is namned after a jazz musican
• Big community ex WordCamp
BILL OF RIGHTS
WordPress is licensed under the General Public License (GPLv2
or later) which provides four core freedoms, consider this as
the WordPress "bill of rights":
• The freedom to run the program, for any purpose.
• The freedom to study how the program works, and
change it to make it do what you wish.
• The freedom to redistribute.
• The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to
Easy to publish content
Easy to install
SEO is made easy
Support is second-to-none
Updates keep coming
Theme selection is superb!
Packed with standard features
WORDPRESS BY NUMBERS
45,864,178 downloads, every fifth published
webiste is a WP (= 72 milj! 2012), over 352
miljoner people read/watch more than 2,5
milion pages on wordpress.com a common
month, WP have 53% av open source cms
market, there are more than 100 000 WP-developers
in the world, there are more than 26
000 free plugins and over 10 000 design
WHY WORDPRESS IN NR?
45,864,178 downloads = biggest tool
100 000+ WP developers/consultans = progress
29 000 + 10 000 plugins + themes = huge market
1000s blogs, forum etc = community
1 av 5 websites globally
5th most sought after competence (Usa)