the real world• If you join Corporate World after your College Graduation • You will be a “Freshmen” again in the Workplace • Working with +5, +10, +20, years older than you • Dealing with the Good, the Bad and the Ugly • Uncertainty on your promotion to the Next Level • Bigger allowance : 15K-50K/month +Free Gas/phone/etc.
Share my FMCG tips... Fast Moving Career Growth• 23 y/o, 30K/month + Sales CommissionYehey! Sales & Marketing Solutions Manager• 25 y/o, 60K/month + Travel Philippines/SingaporeP&G Philippines Digital Marketing Manager• 27 y/o, 150K/month + Travel/Training in Asia budget P&G Asia Digital Business Platform Leader• 29 y/o, More and I cannot disclose . . . Philippines Digital Director
1. Be Trust-worthyWhat is Trust?- to commit or place in ones care or keeping- to permit to stay or go or to do something without fear- to rely on the truthfulness or accuracy of :Can/Will People Trust You?- Will a Company trust you to never steal with Millions of Advertising budget?- Can People around you trust that you will never lie regardless of consequence?- Are you a person who will always do the Right Thing?- Do you have the credibility keeping/honoring your commitments? (On-time?)
1. Will you trust a 23 y/o to be the Sales & Marketing Manager?Context- the Current Sales & Marketing Solutions Manager resigned from Yehey!- the team of 6 is left with 5 seniors and 1 (me) junior with highest sales- the Junior is entrusted to lead the Sales & Marketing HeadActions- The 5 Seniors left the company, because they did not trust me- Then my 7 PJMA friends joined me and trusted me with career growth- Trust from management and my team was coming from * Integrity : Doing the right thing Always, Keeping/Honoring my words * Credibility to deliver, Never Lie / Cheat / Steal
1. Will you trust a 23 y/o to be the Sales & Marketing Manager?Results- More Trust = Less time spent on Gossips and Back stubbing- More Trust from Management means more investments to the team- Trust between leaders and team means better understanding on Win-Win
2. Be InnovativeWhat is Innovative?- (of a product, idea, etc.) featuring new methods; advanced and original: innovativedesigns | innovative ways to help unemployed people.- (of a person) introducing new ideas; original and creative in thinking: writers who arenow viewed as innovative.Why is there a need to be Innovative?- Competition is constantly improving their product to be better than yours- Raw materials cost is increasing and consumers wants to pay less- Consumers are changing with technology- Share of Wallet is getting with more items to spend for (eg. Load in 2000’s)
2. How can a 25 y/o drive Marketing Innovations at P&G?Context- In 2008, Philippines was not yet heavy into Digital Marketing- As PH DMM, I was given several $ 100,000 USD for Test & Learns in Mobile- Brands into Digital were the Haircare, Femcare, Babycare and BeautyActions
2. How can a 25 y/o drive Marketing Innovations at P&G?Results• Digital Sampling is more cost efficient than traditional DTC sampling.Excluding the cost of the product samples, mobile sampling cost is only at PhP 8 vs. PhP75 of direct mail (90% cheaper) and PhP 50 of mall sampling event (84% cheaper).There’s also better control on sampling distribution given that we can allocate 1 sampleper consumer.• Over 50% of those sampled were already users of Olay. Still, among the Pond’s usersreached, conversion was significant (47%), enough to make an impact on the totalprogram growth. In the future, there is an opportunity to deliberately target competitive(Pond’s) users.• Main Source of awareness of the program was still thru TV. 56% knew about theprogram from TV, while 20% found out thru beauty consultants in-store and 20%from family and friends.
3. Be a ProfessionalAm I a Professional?1.Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practicing professionally.2.Excellent manual/practical and literary skills in relation to profession.3.A high standard of professional ethics, behavior and work activities4.Appropriate treatment of relationships with colleagues.Can you maintain to be Professional in- Little things such as being Punctual (on-time) in meetings and deliverables?- Times of conflict where one of your team mates has negative feedback?- Keeping up to the standards of the profession in midst of all chaos?
3. How does being a Professional, make your Life Easier?Context- In 2011, P&G assigned me to be Australia-New Zealand Site Services LeaderChallenge- Aussie team who is much older and longer in the company will now suddenly have ayounger boss and he is going to manage the ANZ from Philippines.
3. How does being a Professional, make your Life Easier?- It made me handle Conflicts and Disagreements better by being Objective of it- It created a credibility for my team even if older, to follow my Lead- It gave the management the confidence to give me bigger work challenges- It re-assured my team that the work I do will benefit them and the companyResults- After 1 year as ANZ SSL, I was expanded to JP-KR-PH-ANZ F&RE Manager
4. Be Sales-driver- Begin with the End in Mind. You are selling a product, a brand to the consumers.- How much sales do we get after spending millions of advertising budget?- A good Marketing ROI is at least 1:2 to 1:3 with immediate impact w/in 1 year- Sales is the topline (objective) and the bottom line of every marketing effort