Presentation to the heads of all Jewish organizations in San Antonio, Texas on my experience and insights of living and working in Israel's startup and innovation ecosystem from Nov 2014 to January 2016.
INSIGHTS FROM STARTUP
NATION / ISRAEL
April 13, 2016
Jewish Community Center
• Based in San Antonio - for 29 years
• Tech PR / Startup Communications Consultant - 35 years
• Part of Israel’s startup economy for 22 years
• 53 trips to Israel
• Worked on….
• Tablet PC
• Enterprise everything
OEMs & ODMs who
shaped the plumbing of
NOV 2014 - FEB 2016
• Rackspace Brand Ambassador to Israel (contractor)
• Brand Ambassador to Made in Jerusalem (July and August)
• Applying same skills sets and background… sponsored by
• Focus on Rackspace Startups program
• Sell into - to sell out of.
• Startups built to scale globally
• English is the main language
• Best test bed in the world - in every language in the world
WHAT COULD BE NEXT
• A center for CyberSecurity and other related
• The big OpenStack opportunity
• Aligning Israel and San Antonio - All things Cyber -
• Solving problems of humanity - the API of humanity
• U.S. not always the place to grow
• Developing countries - especially Africa
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SAN
• Health Care - especially Diabetes
• Texas A&M Campus
A DIFFERENT WAYTO
• 14 - 18 go work in a startup or attend a computer camp
• 18 - 22 go work in a startup
• “Grown ups” rent and AirBnB and work and live remotely for at
least one month.
• Live, work, travel from San Antonio andTel Aviv
• Consulting / Advisory services in PR and now IoT
• Now, more than ever, we have an opportunity to see, view, and
experience Israel in a totally different way that has nothing to do
with religion or politics.
• A wonderful way to be part of, build and experience Israel.