By the end of this topic, student
should be able to:
• Define computer casing.
• Determine type of computer casing.
• List down the example for each part of
• List down factors influenced the computer
Casing also called system is a box
like case that contains electronic
components of the computer.
Type of casing design :
(Mini Tower, Mid Tower, Full Tower)
Types of Casing
designed so that
the system unit fit
entirely on top a
monitor sits on top
of system unit
• Excellent for a desk computer
• Difficult to upgrade
• Does not really work on the floor
• Excellent choice for a business and home user
Most of the casing
now using a tower
This design enables
the system unit to
sit on the floor or
under the desk
• Excellent size which can be placed on top or
below of a computer desk.
• While this case does offer upgradability, it can be
filled up much faster than the Mid-Sized tower.
• Great PC for end-users and small businesses.
• Excellent case which can fit below and on top of
your computer desk.
• Plenty of expandability for new devices for
businesses, end-users, and advanced users.
• Almost None
• Excellent choice for all users and businesses.
• Excellent computer for upgradability.
• Excellent case for a server machine.
• Cost is going to be a lot more than a standard
• Generally a large case which cannot be placed on
top or beneath a desk.
• For advanced users or users who plan to have a
stand alone machine as a server.
PARTS OF COMPUTER CASE