1. WordPress, which is one of the easiest for usesystems available today in the internet. Although,many people think that the WordPress can beused for blogging only, you can easily configure itto work in many other ways. WordPress is mostdefinitely considered the king of bloggingsoftware.2. WordPress is a CMS (Content ManagementSystem) .To install that CMS on a server is reallyeasy. That way you will allow people, who do nothave any knowledge in web development tocreate their website for just a couple of hours.
3. WordPress world is full of gracious people whohave created thousands of plugins and attractivethemes that you would like more than that, mosttrue that those plugins are for blogging, but if youknow where to look you will find exactly what youwant.4. It is easy to install and quick to use. And hasoptions for new bloggers and professionals as well –from one-click to install on your own writing plugins.Even better, there is strong community able toprovide advice and help much beyond what acommercial option would provide.
5. If we look in terms of potential, WordPress ismuch better. Being simple and fast when it comesto publishing, is just putting all your information ona page6. You will not have to develop additional scriptsto get the comments of other visitors forexample, because they are already built in it.7. It is the best open source option to manage andupdate your website daily.You can find thatWordPress is very SEO friendly and can become avery effective CMS tool,not just a bloggingplatform,if you make a few adjustments to it.
8. WordPress uses from the beginning only one external code interface– so it uses less code. You do not need modules or components or phpknowledge to get 10 recent articles – three rows of code withminimum changes from the main loop. WordPress developers arefocused on publishing content and providing developers with oneand flexible interface to core functions.9. WordPress can be used in everything: blogs, sites ofpresentation, photo galleries, shopping and more. It remains only toattempt.10. When you have to create a website with more than 10 pages withdifferent information, you can do this with both platforms. So whenyou start to put all the information on the site template, you’ll see thedifference between platforms. It’s simple to accomplish these tasksWith WordPress, as you only have to install some plugins,11. WordPress offers a simple plugin with less option.
1.WordPress do not provide suitableworkspace for developers, becausewhen you try to make some modificationsin it, for example to create a shoppingcart, the whole system is likely to crash.2. When you try to upgrade your existingsystem, you will usually end up havinga lot more bugs than you used to.3. Sometimes is has problems with hosting.Advantages and disadvantages ofjoomla:
1. Joomla was designed from the ground up as a CMS.2. It is one of the best content management systems fordesigners, web developers and administrators. That systemallows all its users to create great looking websites and also it isreally easy for use, by beginners.3. There are many developers, who create tools, which rapidlyimprove the performance of Joomla. If you are adeveloper, you can choose that system, because it offers largecapacity for customization and development. Joomla’sfeatures are constantly improving in the past 3 years and soyou will enjoy many more features.
4. If we look in terms of potential, Joomla uses three levels ofexternal features.5. It is friendly for all types of users – designers, developers andadministrators6. It is “feature-rich” and has more of a “frustration phase” inwhich you try to do the slightest modification and it does notwork, of course once you learn to use it and overcome yourfrustration it is a great CMS.7. It package consists of many different parts, which allowmodular extensions and integrations to be made easily.8. It features numerous capabilities and a developed customdatabase work. Joomla includes a complex multiple userprivilege system with user registration and layered contentprivileges.
9. Joomla is a database more complex withsome 36 tables.10. Joomla! is “composed” of two parts: onepart of the front end (which will appear in yourvisitor’s browser) and a back end (administrator– where only you have access). Ofadministrator, the administration is virtuallycomplete map.11. Joomla! Is a big step forward regardingeCommerce. After you install VirtueMart onJoomla! It’s really simple to customizeeCommerce, as multiple options are availableto configure it.
1. When you take a look at the user interface of thatsystem, you will find that actually is not so easy for use bypeople, who do not have any idea of web developmentand also it is far from user friendly. Furthermore, after therecent update of that system to version 1.5.x, there are stillmany users, who stick to the old one.2. It is not enough for everyone to understand. Designers willchoose Joomla because of its amazing capabilities to makewebsites look great. Developers will choose this systembecause of its large capacity for development andcustomization. Joomla is powerful enough to be useful, butnot enough to do anything.3. Templates are too complicated and painful. The processinvolved searching through WP stylesheets and php files totry and resolve conflicts.
4. When you have to create a website withmore than 10 pages with differentinformation, you can do this with bothplatforms. So when you start to put all theinformation on the site template, you’ll see thedifference between platforms. It is difficult toaccomplish these tasks with joomla as youhave to spend a little more time to re-organizethe different module and then the menus fromtemplate. After this you have to link all themenu items.Example of working with wordpress and joomlaSteps taken to post an image in an article :
For Joomla:1.Select “Add New Article” from “ControlPanel”.2. Now you must click on image icon bellowthe text field and here you have the optionto upload images or to browse existingimages. Here you can align this image.3. Type a Title; choose the Section and theCategory.4. Write the content; choose Published andSave the Article
For WordPress:1. Select QuickPress from theDashboard.2. Upload image with image iconbutton.3. Type a Title and the Content.Hereyou can add some tags.4. Now you can publish your post.
Steps to create a staticpage accessible fromthe menu.
For Joomla:1. Select “Add New Article” from “Control Panel”.2. Type a Title; choose the Section and the Category.3. Write the content; choose Published and Save theArticle.4. From the top menu select “Menus” and choose amenu where you want to put this article.5. Click “New”.6. Select “Internal link” then “Articles” and “ArticleLayout”.7. Write the title of the link.8. On the right you have to browse and select yourarticle.9. Press “Save”.
For WordPress:1. From the “Dashboard” selectPages”.2. Select “Add New”.3. Type the “Title” and thecontent.4. Click “publish”.