• What is e-mail?
• How e-mail works?
• Types of e-mail accounts.
• Google Vs. Yahoo
• Difference between Electronic And
• Usage of e-mails.
• E-mails in the business world!
• How does e-mails affect the People
• Issues with e-mails.
• E-mail netiquettes.
What is e-mail?
E-mail is an electronic mail.
Sent across the World Wide Web.
In which a computer user can send a message
at one computer or address that is generated at
the recipient's terminal when he or she logs in
their e-mail account.
How e-mail works?
User 1 is sending a message to User 2
3. E-mail is sent by user 1
4. The e-mail gets transferred into an electronic form.
5. The e-mail goes to the service provider.
6. The service provider processes the address the
e-mail should go to and sends the the e-mail to the
5.Now the e-mail is in the user 2’s inbox.
This is all done in a second!
MSN is also known as the windows live hotmail or hotmail.
Hotmail, is a free Web-email service operated
by the Microsoft as part of its Windows live group.
Hotmail was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith.
This web e-mail service was launched in July 1996.
• MSN was one of the first free web mail services.
• Hotmail feature 5GB of storage space,in each and
• Hotmail also features many other functions other than
• One of the most common function is the MSN live
Yahoo mail is a web based Service.
Inaugurated in 1997.
Electronic mails and postal mails.
Electronic mails or e-mails are a lot like postal mail.
E-mail saves trees by reducing the usage of paper,While
a postal mail uses paper.
Postal mails need stamps, while e-mails do not need
We can send videos and music through e-mails, while
we cannot by mail.
E-mail are delivered much much faster than a postal mail.
We can chat through our e-mail accounts.
We have our own separate account and address while
sending e-mails, but in the case of postal mails we do not.
Therefore e-mails are prominently faster, better & cheaper.
Usage of e-mails
MICROSOFT WEB MAIL
e-mails are 100
ver the world. 0
Yahoo Google AOL
tus of the web WEB MAILS
n the year of
E-mails in the business world!
• E-mails are used between people to send messages.
• E-mail is used in a business office to leave messages to their
colleagues in their absence.
• Most of the companies communicate with each other thru e-mail.
• Many interviews for new candidates are arranged thru E-mail.
How does e-mails affect the People ergonomically?
In order to communicate with people, very far away
from the user’s destination,the e-mail users or people
chat for long periods of time; as it is much more
cheaper and effective.
Sitting on the computer for long periods of time may
cause a damage to their back spine.
It would also cause a damage to the other parts of the
body (like eyes,legs,arms etc…),by developing stress in
Issues with e-mails
• Ownership and privacy:
while using e-mail services provides
by an organization, do not assume
that the messages that are sent are
• E-mail in the workplace:
• Overuse of internet leads to reading
hundreds of messages a day! which will be
• In order to overcome this problem, some e-
mail programs provide options for sorting
messages according to subject lines.For
example, the globe and mail in 2000 was one
of the e-mail programs which provided this
Netiquette is the rules of etiquette as applied to internet
communications.Some netiquettes that has to be followed are:
• Be polite.
• Do not use all capital letters in your message.
• Make sure you are sending the message to the right
• Keep messages short and to the point.
• Include a descriptive subject line to help the recipient
know the topic of the message.
www. Student Email Information - 2_
www. LEARN THE NET How E-mail