The term customer centric has become synonymous
worldwide with proactive business strategy
Customer centricity fits three ways into an
As part of a
As part of the
development of strategic
competence as a learning
organization (building a
And as a foundation for
execution (serving the
people don’t want to buy quarter inch drill, the want a
quarter inch hole!
Customer Perceived Value
Value= benefits – cost
(B-C)a > (B-C)b
Value a > value b
• Products, services, brands & interests in time and space with
customers occasions to live, play and work as defined as matrix of
goals, activities and priorities that constitute the leading features of
• Eg :- At car rental company
Process of collection & using detailed information abut
individuals at all touch points
Building customer centric culture
Market is not something which you do the customers,
Rather how customers influence your organization
Incident at The TAJ Mumbai.
• Incident of 2008, gained most customer value, with the life-death
service of Taj employees
• As many as 11 Taj employees, a third of the hotel’s casualties laid
down their lives while helping between 1,200 and 1,500 guests
• Created extreme customer centric culture.
• 18 months training program (6 months more then general training
• Trained pilots out of the box
• Extra training with better efficiency and staffing
• 2012, ranked 3rd in customer satisfaction.
4 sets of active customer centric culture
• 1999, failed to meet the financial targets,
• Co. introduced new C.E.O
• 2002, merged with compac
• 2004, key components of transition
a) putting customer first
b) voice of customer (web based data)
• March 2013, recognized for its customer value, sharing top postion
Serving the customers
Developing a customer centric strategy
a) Make brand decisions subservient to decisions about customer
b) Build brands around customer segments, not the other way around.
c) Make brands as narrow as possible.
d)Plan brand extension based on customer needs, not on component
e)Take heroic measures.
• Thoughtful gathered market information can lead organization to take
concrete action against customer centricity
Retro marketing : opposite of customer centric marketing