Non verbal communication presentation and use of body language expression.

14,544 views

Published on

This can be very help full for Business Communication presentation of (Non Verbal).May be it will be help full and please comment .

6 Comments
33 Likes
Statistics
Notes
No Downloads
Views
Total views
14,544
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
8
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
6
Likes
33
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide
  • Most of us go about our day-to-day lives having conversations with people without giving much thought to the ‘way’ we communicate. However during our work it’s as much about ‘how’ we portray ourselves when we communicate as it is about the message we are trying to get across. Your body language says far more about you than the words will ever do. In fact, research studies have estimated that perhaps as much as 55% of all communication is based upon what people see and not what they hear. So, let’s take a look at some of the most common aspects of body language and what it conveys about us.
  • Kinesics - ki-nee-siks
  • Physical movements of body parts
  • Non verbal communication presentation and use of body language expression.

    1. 1. Non Verbal Communication Actions Speak louder than words Presented By: Akash Gupta
    2. 2. Contents <ul><li>Non verbal Communication </li></ul><ul><li>Importance of Non verbal Communication </li></ul><ul><li>Examples of non verbal communication </li></ul><ul><li>Types of non verbal communication </li></ul><ul><li>Kinesics </li></ul><ul><li>Proxemics </li></ul><ul><li>Haptics </li></ul><ul><li>Do’s and don'ts </li></ul>
    3. 3. <ul><li>Messages can be expressed non verbally </li></ul><ul><li>Gestures, Postures, Facial expression </li></ul>
    4. 4. Is it Important? <ul><li>Yes! Yes! Yes! </li></ul><ul><li>“ Only 7% of a message’s effect are carried by words, the other 93% through non -verbal means.” (Mehabian) </li></ul><ul><li>Impossible NOT to Communicate! </li></ul>
    5. 5. The Biggest Example The biggest example of Non verbal communication is Mr. Bean series the only person who doesn`t utter a word and still easily accomplish his objective of making people laugh and the people who is watching the episode get easily understand what he wants to say.
    6. 6. Non Verbal Communication <ul><li>Facial expressions </li></ul><ul><li>Eye movements </li></ul><ul><li>Head movements </li></ul><ul><li>Hand movements </li></ul><ul><li>Posture </li></ul><ul><li>Way of talking </li></ul><ul><li>Closeness </li></ul><ul><li>Body contact </li></ul>Nonverbal communication is usually understood as the process of communication through sending and receiving wordless (mostly visual ) messages.
    7. 7. Types of Non Verbal Communication <ul><li>Kinesics </li></ul><ul><li>Proxemics </li></ul><ul><li>Haptics </li></ul>
    8. 8. Kinesics
    9. 9. Facial Expressions Angry Lower eyebrow, stare intensely Fear Round eyes, open mouth Disgust Wrinkled nose, lowered eyelids Surprise Raised eyebrows, wide open eyes, open mouth Happiness Round eyes, smiles, raised cheeks
    10. 10. Gestures <ul><li>Openness, Confidence </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Open hands </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Eye contact </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Smile, leaning forward, relaxed </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Standing straight </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Indifference, Closed </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Legs crossed </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Shaking one foot </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Glancing at exit </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Yawning </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Fidget </li></ul></ul>
    11. 11. Proxemics <ul><li>Related to space & distance </li></ul><ul><li>Intimate distance 0 to 18 inches </li></ul><ul><li>Personal distance 18 inches to 4 feet </li></ul><ul><li>Social distance 4 to 12 feet </li></ul><ul><li>Public distance 12 feet to the limit of sight </li></ul>
    12. 12. Haptics <ul><li>Study of touch as nonverbal communication </li></ul><ul><li>Includes </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Handshake </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>A pat on shoulder </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Shaking hands </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Holding hands </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Pat on the back </li></ul></ul>
    13. 13. Video on Non Verbal Communication
    14. 14. Do’s & Don’ts
    15. 15. <ul><li>Have eye contact , but don’t stare </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t cross your arms or legs </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t be afraid to take up some space </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t fidget </li></ul>
    16. 16. <ul><li>Relax your shoulders </li></ul><ul><li>Nod when you are listening </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t slouch, sit up straight </li></ul><ul><li>Lean, but not too much </li></ul>
    17. 17. <ul><li>Don’t touch your face </li></ul><ul><li>Keep your head up </li></ul><ul><li>Slow down a bit </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t stand too close </li></ul>
    18. 18. Smile!! <ul><li>“ You are not completely dressed until you wear a smile &quot;. </li></ul>

    ×