CHANGES TO MYPOSTERAFTER AUDIENCEFEEDBACK….
I originally had a blackbackground to my magazine,but taking the advise from theaudience feedback that said thecolour sche...
…I’ve started here to change thecolour scheme when it comes to mytext, trying to keep to other colourslike my background a...
…I still felt like I needed to emphasisethe TWO created in the title, so decidedto keep those letters a different colourto...
After considering my title and how I hadpurposely chosen to emphasise the‘TWO’ it felt most appropriate to havethe two mai...
I used the easer tool to fade around mycharacters so as to not have as much ofa harsh line where the images had beencut, i...
After removing the majority of thetext on the sides that covered mycharacters, I realised that the layoutof the text in th...
…When realising this I did someresearch on the EMPIRE magazines thathad two figures on the cover and lookedat how the text...
I decided to remove themajority of the text, even thenames of my actors as I wantedthe main focus to be on the‘Young, Gift...
I tried various differenteffects such as drop shadows,embosses and satin andvarious colour combinations. Ialso kept to the...
I finally decided on a finaldesign…Each of the young, gifted andBritish words are a differentcolour relevant to Britishcol...
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Changes to my magazine

484 views

Published on

changes to my magazine after audience feedback

Published in: Technology, Business
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
484
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
145
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Changes to my magazine

  1. 1. CHANGES TO MYPOSTERAFTER AUDIENCEFEEDBACK….
  2. 2. I originally had a blackbackground to my magazine,but taking the advise from theaudience feedback that said thecolour scheme of black, red andwhite gave too much of theimpression it was a horror film.So would be better suited tomore ‘muted’ and ‘subtle’colours.Here I’ve began by replacing theblack background with a muchmore muted and gentle colourof light blue….
  3. 3. …I’ve started here to change thecolour scheme when it comes to mytext, trying to keep to other colourslike my background and not toobold…
  4. 4. …I still felt like I needed to emphasisethe TWO created in the title, so decidedto keep those letters a different colourto the rest of the title. Also whencontinuing to change the colours of thetext I felt it would be better to haveanother pop of red elsewhere on thecover to complement the ‘EMPIRE’…
  5. 5. After considering my title and how I hadpurposely chosen to emphasise the‘TWO’ it felt most appropriate to havethe two main characters on themagazine, much like they are on myposter.Here I’ve started to move the first imageover so as to have the two charactersalongside each other. I also wanted tochange the opacity to give it a similarambiguous feeling as my poster.
  6. 6. I used the easer tool to fade around mycharacters so as to not have as much ofa harsh line where the images had beencut, it also continues to give a bit moreof an ambiguity to the cover…The text layout that worked originally toframe the single image, was notappropriate as it covered too much ofthe figures. So I started to rearrange thetext and take out unnecessary piecesthat were just taking up space.
  7. 7. After removing the majority of thetext on the sides that covered mycharacters, I realised that the layoutof the text in the centre and then theactors names by their photographmade the cover more like a posterthan a magazine…..
  8. 8. …When realising this I did someresearch on the EMPIRE magazines thathad two figures on the cover and lookedat how the text had been laid out onthem. There were very few and this wasthe most prominent, (this shows thatmy choice to use two figures goesagainst the conventions of magazinecover) the text itself was very minimalsimply using large and differentcoloured text for the ‘Young, Gifted andBritish’ subtitle and then a small amountof text on the dark shirt of OrlandoBloom. I really liked the subtitle and feltit was fitting to my trailer as I wasaiming for a British social realism genre,so decided to use it for my ownmagazine cover…
  9. 9. I decided to remove themajority of the text, even thenames of my actors as I wantedthe main focus to be on the‘Young, Gifted and British’subtitle. I then used the ‘behindthe scenes’ and the originaldesign for the title ‘The WayOut’. I thought with theemphasise on the British actorsit was only fitting to use thetypical British colours.
  10. 10. I tried various differenteffects such as drop shadows,embosses and satin andvarious colour combinations. Ialso kept to the examplemagazine I found and madethe text gradually bigger…
  11. 11. I finally decided on a finaldesign…Each of the young, gifted andBritish words are a differentcolour relevant to Britishcolours, I also made the ‘&British’ significantly bigger thanthe other two, as well asoverlapping them slightly muchlike the example magazine Ilooked at.

×