Inception & Starting Years
Setup Non Vessel operated Container Carrier ( NVOCC) agency,
stevedoring & Custom House Agent(CHA) activities in 1994 in Chennai,
Turnover – Rs.6 crores
Stevedoring for Bengal Tiger Gmbh vessels (Container feeder operator,
market leader at Chennai –Singapore/Malaysia/Colombo)
Represented as agents for NVOCCs based at Singapore
Container trailer transportation in 1996. Division now has 36 trailers
Started own NVOCC 2001 with 200 Containers
Directors of the Company – Saju Chacko & C.Jayakrishnan
• The company’s business lines are as follows
– NVOCC Operations
– Freight forwarding
– Coastal Shipping
– CFS operations
– Trucking Services
– Custom House Agency
• Logistics services to its clients across India , China, South East Asia and
• Operate more than 14,000 containers making it one of India’s largest
Container services operator and which enables to provide an integrated ,
end to end logistics solutions to its clients.
Type Of 20’ 20’ 20’ 20' 40’ 40’ 40’ 40' 40'
Container GP TK OT FR HC GP OT RF FR
Liquid tank containers – a specialized service
• Approx. 32 containers between Dubai and Navasheva
• Transporting liquid chemical products
• Can be loaded and transported by road, rail or sea to its final destination
with minimum handling – efficiency of cost & operations
• Caravel is the only top 5 NVOCC player in India to provide Multi model
transport ( MTO) Services in India.
• Caravel has been consistently been able to attain a position of leadership
in the ports wherever it operates from, thereby helping it gain the
economies of scale.
• We have been able to consistently achieve higher Return Ratios due to
our efficient utilization of assets and high operational efficiencies.
• Caravel has won many prestigious awards like the Best NVOCC of the year,
Awards for providing efficient trucking services among others from several
blue chip organizations which vindicates the trust bestowed by the various
Caravel Logistics Warehouse at Jebel Award for the best NVOCC
Ali Free zone UAE for 2007 & 2008 from
Container Terminal at
M.V. Caravel Pride –
Mundra – Kochi –
Tuticorin - Dubai
• Reliable container Service to customers who are regular traders between
India – S. East Asia & Middle East, where major shipping lines are not able
service on regular basis as their interest is on long haul business from
china, Europe, USA etc.
• web based container tracking software for tracking container & cargo for
customers, optimal usage of the various mode various modes of transport.
• Availability of Special Containers like Flat Rack, Open top gives specific
advantage to customers for the logistics of Out of Gauge Cargo.
• Reefer Container service are offered for the carriage of Refrigerated cargo
in the location of our service, which is mostly not encouraged by large
• Tank containers are offered to customers for the carriage of liquid cargo.
We offer Flexi tank boxes as well for cost effective operations.
• Own containers arriving with import to North Indian ICD ( Inland container
depot) will be used to carry domestic cargo from North Indian cargo
originating location to south Indian consuming places, export from South
India. This will ensure regular supply of container at North India
• Cost advantage to customers by using Multimodal transport to road
transport by 30% with comparable transit period.
• Reduction in traffic on the road & pollution.
• Alternative method of transportation
• Container Freight Station will help aid the logistic requirement of the
customers of Caravel Lines, CHA, forwarding, transportation & related
• Own offices at major Indian ports, cities; foreign offices & agents gives
easy information flow to the customer.
Future Business Drivers
• Coastal Multimodal transport
• Freight Forwarding & International Logistics
• Rail Transport -
• Container Road Transport
• Container Freight Station
• OOG Cargo, reefer Cargo, Liquid Cargo
Container Capacity 585 TEUs
Dead Weight : 9493 MT
Built : German
Year of Built : December 1994
Fosen Mekaniskw verksreder As Sweden Ship Yard
Route: Dubai – Mundra – Kochi - Tuticorin.
Flag : Indian
International Cargo Route
Dubai – Mundra
Kochi – Tuticorin – Dubai
Mundra – Kochi - Tuticorin
Future Plans for 2 Years
• Container Freight Station at Chennai
• Third Party Logistic Activity pan India
• Container Rail Logistics Mundra – Punjab,
• Service Extension to East Africa
• Offices at China – Shanghai, Shenzen, Ningbo
• 15 Offices in all Major ports & Cities In India
• Hong Kong
• Dubai – UAE
• Current Strength 300 Employees
Expected turnover : 2009 – 2010 – Rs.320 Crore
: 2010 – 2011 – Rs.450 Crore
• Global Green
• Hyderabad Industries Limited
• F. L. Smith – Denmark
• Apollo Tires
• Synthite Industries
• Tata Tea
• Harrison Malayalam
• AVT Mc Cormick & many more
• Diversified customer base and serves more than 3000 clients across Geographies