3. Worker-preneur or Micro-preneur
● Entrepreneur, Def: - "one who undertakes an
enterprise, especially a contractor, acting as
intermediary between capital and labour".
● Worker-preneur or Micro-preneu, Def: - “one
who undertakes an enterprise, is a contractor,
acting as the capital and labour”.
5. Overview of Market Strategies
– Speaking Engagements
– Have some kind of marketing materials
6. Overview of Market Strategies
● Online (Part I)
– Website – Free, start with a blog or basic site
● SEO – Search Engine Optimization
– Social Networkings – Create a fan base of
customers. Facebook is perfect!
– Viral Marketing
● Share information on products and services
● Make it fun & exciting and others will spread
7. Overview of Market Strategies
● Online (Part II)
– Email Marketing
● Build a list of fans
● Create interesting emails.
● Stay in contact. Once a week
– Blogging & Micro Blogging Twitter
● Share Info
– Contractor Sites
● Q: What can marketing consultants do for small-businesses
with very little start-up money?
● A: Don’t hire a consultant. Learn to market and leverage the
● Q: What are some key methods of promoting your
● A: Using and online strategy as well as networking are your
● Q: What are the costs and benefits of special advertising
(telemarketing, yellow pages, etc).?
● A: Telemarketing is great if you havea dynamic personality,
however its energy intensive, and low ROI. Don’t use Yellow
10. Get Started Today
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you
can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the
wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is
nothing” - President Theodore Roosevelt
11. Resources To Get Started
● Handout Sales Projects Worksheet
● Elance.com – online marketplace for contractors and small
● Ebay, Amazon.com – Selling Products
● Craigslist – Products & Services
– KaBlog.com – great for social marketing