COR Young Adult Ministry
Blueprint for Growth
COR Young Adult Ministry
Irvine, CA 92618
The objective of this document is to outline
a strategy plan that will act as a first draft
“blueprint” for growth, for COR AME
Young Adults Ministry (YAM). The primary
objectives are self sufficiency and ministry
expansion within the community.
1. Organizational Development
o Improved Structure (Personnel)
1. Strategy Development
o Leverage Enthusiasm of Leaders
o Expand Demographics
1. Revenue Development
o Set Goals
o Track and Report
• Identify Current Roles (from the bottom up)
• Develop Organizational Chart
• Write Job Descriptions Per Role
• Begin with Pastors Job Description
Note: The overall goal for Organizational Development should be to leverage existing human
capital and “free-up” the pastors of the ministry to focus on building the brand of the Church
in the community.
• Information Management
• Website & Social Networks
• Document procedures of YAM (i.e. Services, Events,
o Use Wiki to provide leaders ability to document
and access procedures.
• Begin with essential ministries, and work outward.
Unofficial advisors to YAM leaders, with
the responsibility of:
• Provide Expertise in Core Disciplines:
o Accounting & Finance
• Assist In Management (where needed)
• Pull Vs. Push
• Focus on our 80/20
• Brand Development
• 21st Century Evangelism
• Revenue Development
Pull Vs. Push:
"And Jesus said to them, ‘Follow me, and I will make you
become fishers of men.’"
- Mark 1:17
• Develop a strong brand
• Become the center of influence in the
• Become a source of value to the community
Focus on our 80/20:
"80 percent of your results come from 20 percent of your efforts."
• Identify our 80/20 pathways
• Reverse engineer the process
• Reproduce and direct greater resources to
• Greatest opportunity to increase follower-ship
• Identify our Existing Brand
o African-American Church, College Church, etc?
• Where is the Greatest Opportunity for Growth?
• What Advantages do we have to pursue those
• Branding Ideas...
o Expand to Young Professionals (18-40)
Brand Development (Cont.) :
• Focus on Serving New Needs of Community
o Social Interaction
o Career Development
o Emotional Development
o Health & Wellness
• Improve Image Quality
o Photos, Logos, etc.
21st Century Evangelism:
o Develop Online & Social Media Ministry Team
Recommendation: Camy McGrath
o Website - WordPress Open-Source CMS
Blogging, Social Network Integration
Blogs, Articles, eBooks
Podcasts - Interviews
• Use WordPress Theme:
21st Century Evangelism (Cont.) :
o Social Media
Use FB & Meetup for event management
Use Social Network Aggregator such as Ping.fm
to automate process
o Email & RSS
Automate system for content delivery to
congregation and followers.
Content, Content, Content!
• Pastors (Go Out) to Guest Speak
• Networking - Identify opportunities to connect the church with other
influential groups in the community.
• Community Service - Gives us an opportunity show the wonders of
Christ through directly serving those the community
• Street Teams - Goes out to public events and passively hands out
fliers for event. (Becoming a less effective way of promotion, but
still an option)
"And he called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all
demons and to cure diseases, and he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom
of God and to heal." - Luke 9:1-2
• Focus Ministries on "Curing & Healing"
• Identify Essential Ministries - "Stay Closest to the Money"
• Appoint Leaders "Ministry Coordinators"
o Leader Submits Ministry Plan
• Approved Ministries are added to Official List
• Share Best Practices among ministries
• Focus - Evangelism. Make all events free!
• Appoint - Events Coordinator
• Create procedure for event planning
• Increase Musical Events
• Workshops focused on specific topics, e.g.: Personal, Professionals,
Emotional, Financial, Career Development.
• Promote events online using Meetup.com & Facebook Events.
• Smaller Ministry Meetups - Monthly small group events focused on:
o Activities such as: fitness, surfing, bowling, hiking, yoga, dancing,
Happy-Holy Hours (at local bars and restaurants) Great for Young
Professionals. Each event can sponsor a word by the pastor.
• Invite Free Guest Speakers
• Identify the 80/20 of current revenues
• Designated Giving
• Financial Counseling
• Reoccurring Electronic Tithes (Exception: College students
would b exempt from using a Credit Card, to avoid incurring
debt). Allow these givers to still fill out a form, so they can
have the good feeling of giving while in service.
• Testimonies of Giving
• Monthly Public Reporting