A comprehensive presentation on Time Management - from an Islamic Perspective
The presentation was delivered at a parental tarbiyyah session by AlHuda International School on 15th Feb 2014 at Islamabad, Pakistan.
Each of us must realize that every moment that passes by is an opportunity gone, used or abused; never to return. Soon time will be up and we'll have to leave this physical world and give account for our lives.
Facebook, Mobile Phone, TV/Video Games/Movies, Youtube, Over Sleeping, Political Discussions, Shopping, Dinners/Parties
Time Management by AlHuda International School
Moral Theme: Purposefulness
Introduction to Moral Themes
• Islam – a comprehensive way of life
• Moral guidance – Qur’an and Sunnah
• AIS has a customized “Moral Themes” series – focus
Staff -> Environment -> Children -> Parents
“The best amongst you is the one who has the most
Purposefulness – Time Mgmt
• Time – an ongoing sequence of events taking place
• Time – 24 hours – 1440 minutes / day
• Time – a measure of life – an Amanah from the
• Time – its proper usage will determine our outcome
By time, Indeed, mankind is in loss. Except for
those who have believed and done righteous
deeds and advised each other to truth and
advised each other to patience.
Ibn Abbas (ra) narrates …
The Prophet (saw) said, “There are two blessings which
many people lose. (They are) health and free time for
doing good.” (Bukhari)
“I feel sorry for those people who are busy in play and
amusement, roaming around without any specific
purpose, sitting in the market-place staring at every
passer-by and debating and giving their opinion on the
rise and fall of nations.”
• He wrote his first book at the age of 13 and more
than 700 books in his lifetime.
Lets look more closely
• Understand the importance of time
• Analyze time wasters!
• Be aware of our responsibilities
• Make realistic plans and organize our tasks
• Learn from the example of Prophet (saw)
INDEED, PRAYER IS
PRESCRIBED FOR THE
BELIEVERS AT FIXED
Be an early riser!
Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) said “O
Allah, bless my Ummah in its early hours”.
The time after fajr has so much ‘Barakah’ (blessing)
that you’ll be amazed at how much you can achieve in
these early hours.
Important & Challenging Tasks!
What is your responsibility?
• Your spiritual health
• Your physical & mental health
• Your family (parents, wife, children and relatives)
• Your work
Spending time with children
• We are responsible for our herd!
• DO an activity with your children
• Give them quality-time
– Counseling (without loosing temper!)
– Discussing issues
Plan … plan … plan
• Make schedules (mobile phone / diary)
» Read / Learn
• No concept of killing time!
So when you have finished [your duties], then stand up
[for worship]. And to your Lord direct [your] longing.
Learn through example
Life of Prophet (saw) and Sahabahs (ra)
– Read extensively
– Golden Rules: Eat, Sleep and Talk moderately
Teach through examples
– Act properly