3. ▪ What is working, what isn’t?
▪ What did the your last 5 deals look like?
▪ What were customer touch points?
▪ How long did it take/how long between each
4. ▪ Buyer’s journey
❑ What is the process from customer’s perspective?
• Awareness: The buyer realises they have a problem
• Consideration: The buyer defines problem and
researches options to solve it
• Decision: The buyer chooses solution
▪ Create target persona
❑ Semi-fictional representation of ideal customer
based on market research and real data on
• Customer demographics, behaviour patterns, traits,
motivations, goals, barriers to achieving goals
• Include as much detail as possible
5. ▪ What causes a prospect to move from one
stage to next (based on actions of prospect)
6. ▪ The things that have to happen in order for
sale to move from one stage to next
• White paper
• Tech questions/meeting
• Reference visit
7. ▪ How many prospects transitioned into and
out of each step in a given time period
▪ How long did they remain at each step and
▪ Which step (if any) takes too long for
prospects to move from
▪ % prospects close after demo
▪ % prospects who request demo after
▪ Churn rate
❑ How can you use this data to identify
mismatched prospects early in sales process?