Let’s get started
the topic is
Welcoming the audience
• Good morning/afternoon, ladies and gentlemen
• Hello/Hi, everyone
• First of all, let me thank you all for coming here today
• I’m happy/delighted that so many of you could make it today
• Let me introduce myself, I’m ….. from …..
• For those of you who don’t know me, my name’s…..
• As you probably know, I’m ……..
• These are my co-presenters/ partners/friends ….. And …..
Saying what your topic is
• As you can see on the screen, our topic today is ……
• Today’s topic is…..
• What I’d like to present to you today is…..
• The subject of my presentation today is
• I’m presenting about….
• I’m going to talk about ….
Would like to tell you about Will begin with/ I’ll start of by
Going to talk about /report on Will be talking about
Explaining why your topic is relevant
• My talk is particularly relevant to those of you/us who….
• Today’s topic is of particular interest to those of you/us who….
• My/The topic is very important for you because …
• By the end of this talk you will be familiar with ….
Part 1 a
Part 2 a
Part 3 a
I’ve divided my presentation into …. parts
In my presentation I’ll focus on …..major
First(of all), I’ll cover …., second, and third…
I’ll begin (start of) with …
Then/Next/After that, I’ll go on to
Attention grabbing intro
Ask a rhetorical question
Have you thought of moving to another country?
Do we really need money to be happy?
Start with an interesting fact
Did you know that Taiwan has the lowest birth rate in the word?
Bubble tea was invented by mistake, cool right?
Attention grabbing intro
Tell a story or a joke
I remember I ……/My friend once….
Give a problem to think about
Suppose you wanted to become famous what would be your first
Imagine you had a thousand of empty bottles, How would you go
Saying what’s coming
In this part of my presentation, I’d like to tell you about…
So, let me give you a brief overview…
Moving to the next point
This now leads us to my next point
Let’s move on to the next point
Let’s now turn to the next part
Indicating the end of the section
This brings me to the end of my … point
So much for part … / So that’s the …
As I mentioned before,… / Let’s go back to…. / As I said earlier….
Summarizing a point
I’d like to sum up the main point
Let me briefly summarize what I’ve said so far
Adding ideas, moving on
In addition to this, ….
As well as that, ….
Apart from …., SV
A …. plus … B
The rule of six and other suggestions
• 6 lines per slide
• 6 words per line
• Light background and dark font
• Legible font (size and shape of the letters)
• If you add pictures, crop them
• Make you slides visually pretty
Signaling the end of the presentation
This brings me to the end of the presentation
Thank you for listening
Ok, I think that’s everything I wanted to say
As a final point, I’d like to
I’m now nearing(approaching) the end of my talk
Summarizing the points
Let me go through the main points again
To sum up then, we
Just to summarize the main points of the talk
Inviting the questions
Now, I’ll be happy to answer your questions
Are there any question?
What are you waiting for?
Why are we still here?
Quoting a well-known person
As … once said, …
To quote a well-known ….., ….
To put in the words of …., ….
Referring back to the beginning
Remember what I said in the
beginning of my talk?
Let me just go back to the story
I told you earlier.