By: Alexis Hinman
Take a tour of the Netherlands!!!
Where do you want to go?
Natural resources and Crops
Geo 2 Name
Economy issues alphabet
Click Here To Exit
• Total land area-
16,033sq. Or 41,526Km
• Land area- 13,082sq. Mi,
or 333,883 km
• Location- in NW Europe
on the North Sea
• . Back
The Netherlands are
located in Europe
The Capital of the
Netherlands is Amsterdam
11,005,000Where do youBack
want to go?
• The Netherlands (Holland) is a
small European country NW of
• The country can be split into two
• The low and flat land in the west
• Then there is the higher land that
has minor hills in the east and
Ethnic groups- Dutch 80%, and
Jacob Van Heemskerk, who was
a Dutch explorer
People population is-
Population growth rate- 49%
Birth rate- 10.9/ 1,000 population
The Dutch people are dominate
ethnic group of the Netherlands
There are many religions in the
Netherlands, the main religions are
Roman Catholic, and Prostate
about 25% of the inhabitations don’t
profess a religion
Currently roman catholic is the largest
single religion in the Netherlands
Industries- agro industries, metal, and
engineering products, electrical machinery,
equipment, chemicals, oil, microelectronics,
Chief industries- are food processing,
petroleum refining, and manufacture of
The major crops are- truck- farm commodities,
sugar beets, potatoes and grains.
• The name of the Netherlands
refers to the low laying creature
of the country, nether means low.
• The name Holland is usually used
instead of the Netherlands
• Holland only refers to 2 provinces
in the Netherlands
• A- aM-
• B- be
• C- ce
• D- de
• E- e
• g- ge
• H- ha
• i- i
• J- je
• K- ka
• L- el
• M- em
• N- en
• O- o
• P- pe
• Q- ku
• R- er
• S- es
• T- te
• U- u
• V- ve
• W- we
• X- iks
• 1- Een
• 2- twee
• 3- Drie
• 4- Vier
• 5- Vijf
• 6- Zes
• 7- Zeven
• 8- Acht
• 9- Negen
The people of the Netherlands use a Euro
for their money
1 Euro= 1.2699 U.S. dollars
One major disaster of the Netherlands is
when the North Sea Flood came.
The North Sea Flood affected the coastlines
of the Netherlands and England.
Belgium, Denmark, and France were also
affected by the flooding and the storm
• Environment- water pollution in
the form of heavy metals, organic
compounds, and nutrients such as
nitrites and phosphates
• The pollution is contaminated of a
healthy environment by man- made
• The air is also getting polluted by
• The Netherlands flag is a horizontal
tricolor of red, white and blue.
• It was introduced in 1572, it is one of the
first tricolors and the oldest tricolor still
• Since 1937, the flag has officially been the
national flag of the Netherlands and the
kingdom of the Netherlands.
Netherlands main sport!
• Volleyball is the 3 most participated sport
in the country.
• Some of the sports that the Netherlands
play are: football, field hockey, volleyball,
baseball, rugby, and cricket.
• But those are only some of the sports that
the Netherland people play.
•The Netherlands has a
maritime climate, with cool
summers and mild Winter wind.
•The average temperature is 2
degrees c., ( 26 degrees F).
•The average annual rain fall
is 76.5cm ( 30 inches)
• The Netherlands has 9 main holidays and
then a couple other holidays
• The holidays are: New Years Day, Good
Friday, Easter, Remembrance of the
Dead, Liberation Day, Ascension Day,
Pentecost, Christmas, and Queen Day.
• Some other holidays are Saint Nickolas
Eve, and Kingdoms Day.
Natural Resources and Crops!
• Some of the Netherlands natural
resources are: Natural gas, oil, peat,
limestone, salt, sand, and gravel.
• Some chief crops are: grains, potatoes,
sugar, beets, fruits, and vegetables.
• Some foods that the people like to eat also
are- the Dutch cuisine, bread, and cheese.
•1608- Hans Lippershy
invented the optical
•1620- Cornelius Drebbel
invented the submarine.
•1656- Christian Huygens
invented the pendulum Where do you want to go
•Head of government- Prime
minster Jan Peter Balkenende
•Head of state- Queen Beatrix
•They are a parliamentary
democracy , under a
• World atlas.com