Axis Bank (Formerly known as UTI) was one of the few
private banks to have began operations in 1994
The Bank was promoted jointly by the Administrator of the
specified undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (UTI)
• Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
• General Insurance Corporation Ltd (GIC).
• National Insurance Company Ltd.
• The New India Assurance Company.
• The Oriental Insurance Corporation.
• United Insurance Company Ltd.
The new name AXIS
• The new name was chosen considering the bank’s pan-Indian
as well as international presence.
• The first time that a bank has dropped an established brand for
an unknown name.
• The name Axis is chosen as it is simple and it conveys a sense
of solidity and a sense of maturity. It also has a universal
The New Logo
The logo depicts a strong growth path for the bank supported by
a strong base, indicating that the bank is moving on from a
position of strength.
Axis Bank want to achieve following marketing
objectives by the end of the year 2012.
• To get the market capitalization 500 Crore
• To get the 200 Crore retail investment.
• To get 125 Crore Corporate investments.
• To get the 175 Crore Capital investments.
The Bank has a very wide network of 1281 branches
(including 169 Service Branches/CPCs as on March, 2011)
• The banks business is divided into four segments:
• Retail, corporate, treasury and merchant banking.
• Apart from this the bank is also into insurance, investment banking,
mortgage financing, credit cards, and depository services amongst others.
• it is also registered on the following exchanges:
• London stock exchange
Products and Services
• Loans and advances
– Personal loans
Criteria: Salaried peoples, CAs, employees of select MNCs, Public and
Private limited companies, Minimum age of applicant: 21 years,
Maximum age of applicant at loan maturity: 58 years, Minimum Net
Monthly Income: Rs 15,000, Maximum loan available: Rs 15 lacks
Interest rate: 15% to 20%
– Housing loans : salaried individual and above 24 years: interest rate-
floating rate 10.25% and fixed rate 11.75%
– Education Loan: interest rate 10%
– Business Loan
– Car loans :salaried individual and minimum 21 years and maximum
Interest rate: 11%
– Term deposit
– Fixed deposit
– Recurring deposit
– Different variant like: Gold plus card, Gold card,
Silver & silver plus cards.
– Normal Current Account
– Trust/NGO Savings Account
– Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions
– Advisory Services
– Capital Market Funding
• Axis Bank Ltd. has been promoted by the largest and the best
Financial Institution of the country, UTI. The Bank was set up
with a capital of Rs. 115 crore, with UTI contributing Rs. 100
crore, LIC - Rs. 7.5 crore and GIC and its four subsidiaries
contributing Rs. 1.5 crore each
• All its ATMs are connected to Base24 ATM switch
• The Bank through its ATMs offers the following services:
– Banking Services
– Mobile Airtime Refill
– Bill Payment e.g.: BSNL, MTNL
– Life Insurance Corporation Premium Payment
– Purchase and redemption of UTI Mutual Fund
Schemes through the ATM.
• Bilateral ATM sharing arrangement:
– State Bank of India
– ABN Amro Bank
– Bank of Rajasthan
– Karur Vysya Bank
– Andhra Bank
• Multilateral ATM sharing arrangement:
– Cash net (A shared network run by Euronet India Pvt. Ltd.)
– BANCS (Formerly known as Swadhan. Now run by E
Internet Banking Channel:
• Account Details
• Fund Transfer
• Request Services
• Value Added Services
• Investment Services
Mobile Banking Channel:
• Debit or credit in your account:
Receive alerts on your mobile phone every time there is a
debit or credit in your Axis Bank account for more than
• You can also request for the following information:
- Last three Transactions
- Know the status of your cheque
- Request security balance in demat account
Awards and excellence
• Best Debt House in India – Euro money Awards for Excellence 2013
• Bank of the Year - Money Today FPCIL Awards 2012-13
• Best Bank - CNBC-TV18 India’s Best Bank and Financial Institution Awards 2012
• Consistent Performer - India’s Best Banks – 2012 Survey by Business Today
• Fastest Growing Large Bank – Business world Best Banks Survey 2012
• Best Domestic Bond House - The Asset Triple A Country Awards 2012 - Our Bank
has been honored with this award for the third year in a row.
• India Bond House of the year - IFR ASIA - Country Awards 2012
• Deal Maker of the Year in Rupee Bonds – Business world Magna Awards - India's
Best Deal Makers 2012
• The Best Emerging Bullion Dealing Bank - 9th India International Gold Convention-
• Best Acquiring Institution in South Asia - Visa LEADER Award at Visa’s 2012
APCEMEA Security Summit, Bali
• Gold Shield for Excellence in Financial Reporting in the Private Banks category -
2011-12 - ICAI
Growth Prospects of Axis
• 36% jump in the Net Profit at Rs. 891.36 Cr. and a 28% rise
in the Net Interest Income to Rs. 1733.12 Cr. on the back of
robust 46% credit growth.
• Business growth(Advances + Deposits) of 25%
• Opening 200-250 new branches and 1000 new ATMs
• Currently, it is trading at a price of Rs. 1304.65.
• AXIS bank has differentiated itself very well on the basis of
high level service and product quality.
• They have successfully implemented the change and due to
this their market share has increased only despite of tough