During this presentation I challenged the notion that "agile fails due to resistance or failure to change culture". Lean Change Management helps people passionate about meaningful change learn new approaches to organizational change.
Why Agile Fails
1) Failure to change culture
2) General Resistance to change
70% of changes initiatives fail
1) lack of a structured change process
2) Un-predicable nature of people
1) You cannot control how people will react to change
2) People will be happier if they can help develop the
what is our hypothesis about this change?
how will we know it’s been successful?
how will we show measurable progress?
who’s affected by the change?
what commitment do we need from those affected?
what are our options?
how will we communicate?
Gather Insights from:
- water cooler talk
- lean coffee sessions
- measurable outcomes
- tools (ADKAR, OCAI, etc)
Feed new Insights into new Options
what’s the urgency?
Where do we
want to go?
What commitment do we need
from the people affected?
How will we
Who is affected?
What benefit do we think we’ll