Casa Loma (Spanish for Hill House) is a Gothic Revival style house and gardens inmidtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada, that is now a museum and landmark. It wasoriginally a residence for financier Sir Henry Mill Pellatt.Casa Loma was constructed over a three-year period from 1911–1914. The architectof the mansion was E. J. Lennox, who was responsible for the designs of several othercity landmarks.The "Castle-on-the-Hill" is a genuine 98-room castle in the heart of Toronto completewith secret passages, tunnels, towers and turrets. In 1937 it was opened to the publicfor the first time as a tourist attraction operated by the Kiwanis Club of Toronto. InMay 2011 the City of Toronto announced plans to resume management of Casa Lomaafter reaching a financial settlement with the Kiwanis Club.Casa Loma has five acres of gardens. An underground tunnel connects Casa Loma tothe Hunting Lodge and to The Stables (Garage, Potting Shed, Stalls, Carriage Roomand Tack Rooms). Casa Loma has never been an official residence of either the city ofToronto or the Province of Ontario.