Usability catastrophe Imperative to fix this before product
can be released
Major usability problem Important to fix, so should be given
Minor usability problem Fixing this should be given low
Cosmetic problem Need not be fixed unless extra time
is available on project
• Content area should provide sufficient
information for users to understand either
it is useful or helps them to achieve what
• There is “login” image at the top left of
homepage. After clicking, it brings user to
a login page. However, user doesn’t
know the function/benefits of this
“Login”. Do they need to login to
complete the “Check out”? Will they get
some special offers or discounts if they
• This “Login” page can’t persuade user to
register or login.
• Add bullet points to explain the benefits
of being member and remind that check
out is only completed with membership.
• Consider skip “Login” in check out
• A site’s users should be able to easily
understand the breadth of content they
are looking at.
• In “A-La-Carte”, there is 4 categories.
Each category contains various choices.
Nevertheless, user can’t figure out how
many choices contained. They need to
slip the page until visit the end.
• Since number of items would be
changed frequently, display the number
of page is more appropriate. For
example, 1/6, 2/6.
• Consider using pull down menu with
different categories for easier browsing.
(Please check example 1)
Cheese of the World (2)
Supreme series (4)
Gourmet Pizza (3)
Title bar indicates
the type of pizza and
how many items are
When user click the
title bar, it will
expand and various
pizza will be
displayed. User can
scroll down to check
each of them.
• Content should be presented intuitively
that user can understand without
thinking too much.
• When choosing “Combo for 1”, the page
shows just one item. In fact, user can
combine different dishes and beverage.
Click the down arrow, various choices
are displayed. Some of them contain
“+$x.0” that tell user they need to pay
more for this dishes.
• Same situation is applied in choosing
• However, after completion, the menu
shows several number which causes
confusion. The upper number is the price
of this item. Below 2 numbers are
unnecessary because user came across
them in choosing process. It is
inappropriate to repeat them in final
• Delete the plus money besides dish and
• No need to use HK$42.0 as basis. It would
be better allowing user to choose what
they want before displaying the price.
(Please check example 2)
Choose a Main Dish
Use button image
telling user to
choose main dish
Choose a Main Dish
Seafood Rice Doria
Tao Ti Green Tea (with
Honey) - Can
Chose options are
displayed with total
• There should be an indicator showing
user what actions they have taken. For
example, for online shopping website,
after user put the item into shopping cart,
the cart should display the number of
• After choosing the item, user returns to
the previous page and there is no
message showed one item is added.
Also, “Order List” indicates no number of
• User can only check the items ordered
by clicking “Order List”.
• An indicator should be provided as
confirming the items chose are stored in
• Display the number or item in “Order List”.
• Give a popup message told user the
item is stored in cart every time. Also,
display the number or item in “Order List”.
(Please check example 3)
Combo for 1 HK$42
(2) in Order List
A popup shows what
is added, total item
in cart and check out
“Order List” should
show the number of