0846186 FRANCE: The Country I Would Someday Visit

4,199 views

Published on

My Presentation is on my goals towards my future travel to Paris, France

Published in: Education, Travel, Technology

0846186 FRANCE: The Country I Would Someday Visit

  1. 1. FRANCE THE COUNTRY I WOULD SOMEDAY VISIT 1*
  2. 2. France is a beautiful Country that I would love to visit someday in the future. My exact location of interest is Paris. For me to achieve this long term goal, I have laid down steps to take so I would eventually be prepared for my journey to France. Since I have been attending McMaster University, I’ve been studying the French Language and Art History; which is one of the greatest steps I have taken. My goal is to learn the French language, so I can communicate properly when I finally get the chance to go to France. Apart from the language I’m aiming at learning about the French culture, art and the fashion which is one of the popular things about the city of Paris
  3. 3. How I would learn about the culture <ul><li>To learn about the French culture, I would get information from websites and movies that have to do with the city of Paris and France in general. An example of a French movie with English subtitle is Chocolat, featuring Juliette Binoche, Alfred Molina and Jonny Depp (imbd.com) </li></ul>2*
  4. 4. The Beauty and Art of France <ul><li>In France there is a lot of architecture, art and beautiful scenery. The Eiffel Tower, is on of the most famous pieces of architecture and also a beautiful site. Other places of importance to me are; Chateau de Versailles, with its beautiful gardens and fountains, the famous Galerie des Glaces and one of the palace that was built for Louis XIII (chateauversailles.fr); The Louvre Museum which has up to 35,000 works of art (louvre.fr), etc. These are places I am planning on visiting, after I would have studied and learnt about them in my Art History class. </li></ul>3* 4*
  5. 5. Liberty Leading the People by Eugene Delacroix (1830) 5*
  6. 6. Average Temperature in Paris <ul><li>Once I'm prepared for my trip I would look at the best time to go to Paris . By looking at this line graph I noticed that the best time to visit the city is in the summer time, since it is nice and warm; not too hot. </li></ul>6*
  7. 7. Fashion in Paris <ul><li>Paris is among the top 5 fashion capitals of the world according to media (newshound), but to the world it is number one, because it is from Paris that the some of the famous designers come from. Designers like Louis Vuitton, Dior, Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Lacoste (modernight.com) etc. </li></ul>7* 8*
  8. 8. Statistics on Goal Setting <ul><ul><li>In much of the material, authors refer to a study apparently conducted at Yale University in 1953 in which the graduating class were asked if they had clear, written goals. 3% of the students said they had written goals, 13% had goals they had not written down and 84% had no clear goals. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>At the class reunion 20 years later, further investigation is said to have discovered that the 3% with written goals were worth more than the other 97% put together (Ezine Articles) </li></ul></ul>This statistic proves that if you have written down goals and you eventually go ahead to act on it, you would be successful. This gives me confidence that my goal would be accomplished
  9. 9. City of Love 9*
  10. 10. References <ul><li>Text Citation </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241303/ </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.chateauversailles.fr/en/110_Construction.php </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.louvre.fr/llv/commun/detail_image.jsp? </li></ul><ul><li>http://newshound.de.siu.edu/pulse/stories/storyReader$1077 </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.modernights.com/frenchfashiondesigners/ </li></ul><ul><li>http://ezinearticles.com/?Goal-Setting---My-Disappointing-Discovery&id=67775 </li></ul><ul><li>Image citation </li></ul><ul><li>http://paris.bypainters.com/7eme/picts/Tour%20Eiffel/tableaux/seurat%20The%20Eiffel%20Tower%20%201889.jpg </li></ul><ul><li>http://stan.uio.no/blog/isne/404px-Chocolat_sheet.jpg </li></ul><ul><li>http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/enlarge/louvre-museum_pod_image.html </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.global-journeys.com/The_Grand_Tour_Program_Enhancements.htm </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.louvre.fr/llv/oeuvres/detail_notice_popup.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673237674&CURRENT_LLV_NOTICE%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673237674&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=9852723696500815&bmLocale=en </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.paris.org/Accueil/Climate/gifs/paris.climate.temp.html </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/21/AR2005122102034.html </li></ul><ul><li>http://www.servcorp.net/newimages/locations/fullsize/Louis_Vuitton_Paris.jpg </li></ul><ul><li>http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/5d/images.art.com/images/-/Unknown/Parisian-Kiss--C11715351.jpeg </li></ul>

×