Top 4 eCommerce Social Strategies You're Probably Not Running
Top 4 eCommerce Social Strategies You’re Probably Not Running
Jeremy Fenderson - Media Analyst at adQuadrant
Quick Checklist - What You Should Already Be Doing...
● Evaluate your campaigns based on Return On Ad Spend
● Aim for 15-25 conversions per week (Ideally 50-100 per
● Leverage all information available to target customers
● Refresh creative every two weeks to avoid fatigue
Promos & Discounts
● Make sure to run the most competitive promotions
● Test everything and evaluate based on the data
Understanding The Customer Journey - Discovery To Intent
● I never even knew this existed.
● I might have heard about this somewhere…
● I’ve definitely seen this before.
● This is really cool, I want one.
● I’m definitely going to buy one of these!
● Where can i buy one of these?
● Who has the best price?
Tactic 1: Facebook Funnel Strategy
Create a funnel within Facebook
Leverage multiple ads to attract, educate and convert
Prospecting = Brand awareness
● Lookalike audiences
● Interest targeting
Retargeting = Sales
● Standard Retargeting
○ View Content
○ Add to Cart
○ Percentage of video views
● Dynamic Retargeting
Discovery = Brand Awareness
Intent = SalesOutline the customer journey and map
your campaigns to meet objectives across
the funnel from Discovery/Brand
Awareness to Intent/Conversion.
Tactic 2: Advanced Retargeting Strategy
Make retargeting more effective by providing a
personalized experience using Dynamic Product Ads
Retarget potential customers based on their unique
● Automatically generate unique ads consisting of
previously viewed products
● Retarget across placements and devices
● Combine with a promotion/discount
Typically best performing ad unit available with
returns ranging 300% up to 3000% depending
on brand and product mix.
Tactic 3: Advanced Prospecting Strategy
Create a more seamless shopping experience with
Enable customers to discover and browse your
products on Facebook, then purchase on your website
● Educate customers with video
● Showcase products directly below your ad within
● Lead customers to your mobile website to
Great way to prospect and display variety of
products. Generally performs very well, with
ROAS of 200% or better.
Tactic 4: Messenger Ads Strategy
Leverage messenger ads to create a more
engaging retargeting strategy
Engage customers directly with messenger
ads and chatbots
● Create a custom audience based on
● Retarget custom audience with an ad
that sends potential customers directly
● Customers can interact directly with the
brand and transact within messenger
Identify products with high cart abandonment rates,
create compelling promotions and leverage messenger
to distribute promotions to targeted audiences.
● Think of Facebook as a funnel transitioning
customers from discovery to intent to purchase
● Create a personalized retargeting experience with
Dynamic Product Ads
● Leverage Collection Ads for a more seamless
● Create a more engaging retargeting strategy with
messenger ads and chatbots
For a free social advertising evaluation
Connect with us on social
We’re also a Certified Snapchat Partner