Android application of handicraft products
• Project Name :: “Handimart”
• Team members :: Aashish kaushik
• Prepared under the guidance of ::
Mr. SHEO KUMAR SIR
What is HANDICRAFT…?
• A handicraft, sometimes more precisely expressed as
artisanal handicraft or handmade, is any of a wide
variety of types of work where useful and decorative
objects are made completely by hand or by using only
Handicrafts products can be distinguished into following:
Hand printed textiles,
Embroidered goods & Shawls
Paintings & Earthenware
Leather Products and
Other miscellaneous handicrafts
WHAT IS “HANDIMART”?
• ANDROID APPLICATION
• ONLINE SHOPING PLATFORM FOR HANDICRAFT
• BASED ON E-COMMERCE ARCHITECTURE.
WHY hanndimart …?
•In recent years, with the development of mobile communication and Mobile
terminal, especially the release of Android smart phone platform has injected
new vitality to the mobile space.
•This project aims at highly cost effective Handicraft products one place
online retailing platform.
•First online application for android.
•Product can be purchase from anywhere in the globe.
•It Will support the SME’s sector.
MODIFICATION AND IMPROVEMENT OVER THE EXISTING IMPLEMENTATION
•NO such type of application till now.
After implementation of project:
•Easy to use GUI.
•It will include the option of Buyers cart.
•Provide facility of purchase from anywhere.
Innovativeness & Usefulness:
• Some features and benefits offered by this are:
• With the help of it we can save the time and money
• It provides the remote shopping by the cash, or DD,
or Debit & Credit card also.
• It provide full details about the products and
related information about the product like cost ,
• Android application will help user to shop from
SIGNIFICANCE OF PROJECT
• The significance of the project is to
provide the following benefits:
• Allow buyers to save their time and days
• To enable easy check of time schedules
• To easily available of various product on a
• Also promote the SME’s sector
WHY WE CHOOSE SME ?
• Indian Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) sector has
emerged as a highly vibrant and dynamic sector of the Indian
economy over the last five decades.
• SMEs not only play crucial role in providing large employment
opportunities at comparatively lower capital cost than large
industries but also help in industrialization of rural areas.
• This Sector consisting of 36 million units, as of today, provides
employment to over 80 million persons.
• The Sector through more than 6,000 products contributes
about 8% to GDP besides 45% to the total manufacturing
output and 40% to the exports from the country.
• E marketing refers to the application of
marketing principles and techniques via
Electronic device media and more
specifically the Internet.
ADVANTAGE OF E-MARKETING
E marketing is inexpensive.
Companies can reach a wide customers
for a small fraction of traditional
convenient to research n purchase of
goods n services.
Pay per impression, Pay per click, Pay per
• The main objective of the feasibility study is
to test Technical, Operational and Economical
feasibility for adding new modules and
debugging old running system.
• There are aspects in the feasibility study
portion of the preliminary investigation:
• Operational feasibility
• Technical feasibility
• Economical feasibility
• The application "Handimart" does not require
additional manual involvement or labor towards
maintenance of the system
• Cost for training is minimized due to the user
friendliness of the developed application. Recurring
expenditures on consumables and materials are
• Easily availability onglobal basis and cost effectiv
e way has made Internet is
good marketplace to buy, sell, and promote the pro
• Keeping in mind the existing system network, s/w&
H/w, SQLite is an in-process library that implements
a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration,
transactional SQL database engine.
• Android is a mobile operating system (OS) based on
the Linux kernel and currently developed by
• . The GPS tracker will help to locate authorized
Handimart products suppliers Using these features
the Handimart android app will be most successful.
The system is economically feasible keeping in
• Lesser investment towards training.
• One time investment towards development.
• Minimizing recurring expenditure towards
training, facilities offered and consumables.
• The system as a whole is economically
feasible over a period of time.
TOOLS USED ::
• Eclipse: Eclipse is a platform that has been designed
from the ground up for building integrated web and
application development tooling.
• By design, the platform does not provide a great
deal of end user functionality by itself. Eclipse
provides a common user interface (UI) model for
working with tools.
• Android Development Tool 2013: - Android
Development Tools (ADT) is a plugin for the Eclipse
IDE that extends the capabilities of Eclipse to let
you quickly set up new Android projects,
• SQLite is an in-process library that implements a self-
contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional
SQL database engine. The code for SQLite is in the public
domain and is thus free for use for any purpose,
commercial or private.
• Android is a mobile operating system (OS) based on the
Linux kernel and currently developed by Google. With a
user interface based on direct manipulation, Android is
designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such
as smartphones and tablet computers, with specialized
user interfaces for televisions (Android TV), cars (Android
Auto), and wrist watches (Android Wear).
FEATURES OF HANDIMART
• Totally works on Android platform.
• Based on Electronic Marketing.
• Going to track local vendors/distributors using GPS.
• It will provide all details about the products like cost, size, image etc.
• Provide all payment options such as debit/credit cards, CoD, eWallets.
• Website in addition to apps will provide a platform to make it popular
KEY FACTS OF INDIAN HANDICRAFT INDUSTRY
• India’s rich cultural diversity and heritage provides a unique and huge
resource for developing craft products.
• Handicrafts industry is one of the important segment of decentralized
sector in India.
• According to the national census of handicrafts, undertaken by the National
Council for Applied Economic Research the value of handicrafts produced
last year were of Rs.26,213 Crore.
• Provides huge employment opportunities to artisans that include women
and people belonging to backward and weaker society (6 million artisans).
• The Indian Handicraft Industry is a $100 billion industry worldwide.
• India’s contribution in world market is 1.2%
• The total exports of crafts items: - Rs. 13412.92 Crore.
• Industry’s share in India's exports:- 1.51 %
EXPORT OF INDIAN HANDICRAFT
• Indian Handicrafts and Gifts Industry : a rapid growing industry with a turnover from US $ 1.2
million to US$ 1.9 billion in the last decade.
• A consistent annual growth rate of more than 15 per cent over a 10-year period, from 3.6% to
a respectable 10% share in global handicraft exports.
• In 2005-2006 the exports of Indian handicrafts has shown an increase of US$ 298.87 million,
i.e. the exports increases by 10.02% over the similar period during 2004-2005.
• The industry is expected to triple its export turnover to Rs. 39,000 crore by 2009-10
• Create around 20 lakh new job opportunities.
FUTURE OF THIS INDUSTRY….
• Large, diversified and potential market.
• Strong, diversified and supportive retail infrastructure.
• Cheap labor rates that result to competitive price.
• Need low capital investment.
• There is flexible production flexibility.
• Easy creation and development of production centers.
• No need for macro-investment.
• Industry provides potential sources of employment.
• Products are high value added, and handicrafts have various applications.
• Potential source of foreign revenue because of higher export.
Internet marketing allows the marketer
to reach consumers in a wide range of
It going to increase the participation of
customer into handicraft product.
Also it increase the demand of handicraft
and craftsman way of earning improve.
• The Unified Modeling Language User Guide
• Java Server Page-“O reliey”
• Java-Complete Reference
• Programming android by Zigurd Mednieks, Laird
Dornin, G.Blake Meike & Masumi Nakamura