Hector Aquiles Rodriguez Tovar - MPM, SOM, BSIE
250 NE 25th Street Miami, Apt 1409, FL, 33137 | M (305) 5889665 - Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
PMI Member, LEI Member, Toastmaster, Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society
Summary of Qualifications
Hector is an experienced Automotive Project Manager/Engineer, with a Bachelors in Industrial &
System Engineer from the University of Florida, a Specialist Degree in Operations Management from
I.E.S.A-Venezuela and Master in Project Management from Keller School of Management. He has 15
years of experience in Global Product Design Engineering, Lean Project Management, New Product
Development & Validation , Quality & Manufacturing Engineering , Supply Value Chain and Business
• Planning and Implement $10+ MM budget for General Motors’ Product Engineering Development
• Design Engineering Cost Savings ideas for over $1+MM
• Project and Develop first Plastic Fuel Tank to the Andean Region – 13 months
• Project and Develop first Telematics System – ChevyStar in the Andean Region – 13 months
• Development of Validation Test Corporate Procedures to General Motors Venezolana Engineering
• Development of Car build Test Plan (CBTP) Program to General Motors Venezolana Engineering
• Implementation of Global Manufacturing System (GMS) to Product Engineering Department
• Global Product Engineering Development Lead for Andean Region - Matiz Project
• Integrate Sourcing and Procurement practices to PMI Southflorida
• Lecturer/Presenter Lean Project Management at PMI http://bit.ly/bUalNp
• Automate a Coil Spring Assembly – Master Thesis Project http://bit.ly/bt2qRV
• Automotive Project Manager | Product Engineering | Manufacturing | Industrial Applications
• Collaborative Leadership and Supervisory Style - Hiring and Recruiting
• Hybrid, Powertrain, Driveline, Chassis/Suspension/Brakes ,Batteries Development Engineering
• Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen Coach – GM University Certified
• DFSS, DFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, RedX: GM Certified
• MSOffice: Excel, Word, Powerpoint; WBS Chart Pro ; MS Project
• Platforms interfaces: Oracle, SAP, Lotus Notus, MS Sharepoint
• Graphics/CAE Tools: UGNX, VisMockup, Photoshop, AutoCAD, MS Visio, IGrafx
• Languages : English, Spanish, Portuguese
Nov.2010 PMP Certification (in progress) Project Management Institute, FL
Jun. 2010 M.S. Project Management (Magna Cum Laude) Keller School of Management, FL
Oct.2001 Specialist Operations Management IESA, Venezuela
May.1997 B.S. Industrial Systems Engineer University of Florida,FL
Aug-09- Current | LEAD360 | Independent Consultant
Business Analysis and Development |Energy Projects |Entrepreneur:
• Direct Lean Projects, Training in Lean Leadership, Lean Project Management and VSM.
• Promote the use of Lean Six Sigma: VSM, 5S, Kaizen, 3P's, Lean Metrics, Error Proofing, Kaban /JIT , SOP’s.
• Project and Grants Proposal preparation for Energy, EV Infrastructure, LEED Construction
• Lean blog writer http://www.lead360inc.com/blog/category/blog/
• Present at PM Tools Sessions - PMI - Lean Project Management.
Jan-09 – Current | Project Management Institute | Materials Leader
Volunteer Work- Procurement | Purchasing | Graphic Design:
• Implement Project Management methodology to assists in the planning and execution of Graphical Design and
supply material’s and collateral procurement for the Professional Development Day Seminar
• Prepare the RFP, RFQ’s, Selection Criteria for Graphic Design and Supply Materials
Jun-03 / Aug-08 | General Motors | Product Design Manager
• Supervise 20+ product engineers – Chassis/Brake/Electrical/Fuel/Suspension groups
• Manage Engineering Change Notices, APQP and PPAP Developments
• Pioneer Design and Integration of ChevyStar Telematics System in the Andean Region
• Pioneer Design and Integration of Plastic Fuel Tank in the Andean Region
• Integrate Powertrain Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) to the Experimental Lab
• Project Leader for SAP/ORACLE Engineering Design, BOM - Engineering Release and Systems.
• Prepare Statement of Work, RFP, RFQ, Engineering Drawings and Designs for Automotive Projects
• Project Manager for Global Vehicle Development with Engineering Centers: Brazil , Colombia, Ecuador, Japan
(Suzuki & Isuzu) , Germany (Opel) , USA ( GM, GMC, Chevrolet) , Canada, Mexico , Korea ( GM Daewoo)
• Lead Regulatory/Certification Programs - Crash, NVH and Durability, FMVSS and ECE
• Lead Application Developments for Military, Specialty Vehicles, Public Transportation, Armored, Taxis, Natural Gas
• Lead Engineering Sign-off for Design and Validation, Program Quality Revision Review (PQRR) , Global Vehicle
Development Plan and Global Launch Product Plan (GPLP) for Vehicle and Trucks Programs
• Support Manufacturing, Quality and Service using Lean Six Sigma Tools, Red-X, 5/6S, 8D’s, DFSS, DFMEA, VSM,
DMAIC, TQM-fishbone, Kaizen
• Assist Manufacturing Validation Builds, Temporary Work Orders, Production Trial Runs and Investment Projects.
Lean Six Sigma
• Reduce lead times, cost and improve first time quality- Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen coach
• Reduce PDT development time by 30% and improve First Time Quality to 80%
Jun-98 / Jun-03 | General Motors | Battery –Chassis- Powertrain Product Engineer
Product Engineering | Component Development
• Design , Integrate and Develop battery, telematics, chassis, brake, suspension and fuel systems following APQP,
PPAP with OEM’s: ArvinMeritor, Dana, Continental , Eaton, Delphi, Duncan, RoadTrack, MAC.
• Prepare State of Requirements (SOR) and contribute to the Request for Quotation (RFQ).
• Expert in Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) Analysis for Powertrain Integration Systems.
• Use Drawings and MathData- UGNX/ VisMockup for Engineering Change Release, Product Design Simulation.