San Jose Chapter
First Thing First
Thank You eBay!Thank You eBay!
h i l i• To the inaugural meeting
• Story of Chapter formation
• People who assisted
Mission of Local Chapters
• Promote Member Interaction
• Maintain a Membership Directory
• Provide speakers for community
• Contribute to the Common Body of Knowledgey g
• Held initial chapter formation meeting p g
– At BPM on November 17, 2008
• Filed petition with ACFE – Nov 25, 08p ,
• Received approval to form the San Jose Chapter
on December 17, 2008 ,
• Appointed Board of Directors, Officers and
• Received Incorporation certification for the San
Jose Chapter on Feb 2, 2009p ,
Chapter’s Achievements – Cont.
• Received tax exemption status form State ofReceived tax exemption status form State of
California on July 6, 2009
• Obtained Employer Identification number on
March 26, 2009
• Filed for federal tax exemption status
• Opened bank Account
• Chapter inaugural meetingChapter inaugural meeting
Local ChaptersLocal Chapters
• Minimum of 4 meetings per year, up to 12
meetings per yearmeetings per year
• Chapter trainings
• Periodic Meetingse od c eet gs
– Speaker presents a topic to the attendees.
• Training DaysTraining Days
– Full day trainings for the basic areas of fraud covered
in the Common Body of Knowledge.
• Chapter Video Library
– Full set of ACFE training tapes.g p
• ACFE/Chapter Co‐Sponsored Training Seminars
– Multi‐day trainings for 50+ peopleMulti day trainings for 50+ people.
• Public Education
– Provide fraud awareness education to the publicProvide fraud awareness education to the public
through speaking to various groups.
• Higher Educationg
– Become involved with universities in the community
and encourage students interested in the field.
• Liaison with Other Professional Organizations
– Provide fraud training for other organizations.
• Liaison with Law Enforcement
– Provide assistance and training for local white‐collar
crime investigators and prosecutorscrime investigators and prosecutors.
– Build these networking connections for questions
about venue and possible prosecution of findings.
Officer Elections and Annual Meeting
• All members CFEs in good standing are eligible to g g g
• Officers elected for 2 year terms by a plurality of
votes of responding members.
• There will be an annual meeting to announce
results of the elections of officers and directors, ,
and to transact any other business deemed
appropriate by the Board of Directors.
Upcoming Chapter Meetings
• Monthly lunch & learn
E 3rd Th d f th th t ti S t– Every 3rd Thursday of the months starting Sept
– Facility volunteers
$ $– Fees $30 for member and $35 for non‐members
– Subject and material to be approved by the ACFE
f CPE dit f d i t d tifi tifor CPE credit for your designated certification
Sign Up Sheets
S k i h bj• Speaker with subject