In what ways does your media product use
develop or challenge form and conventions
of real media products.
• I’ve used basic layouts of other existing music
magazines. E.g. Q, Kerrang, NME
• Because it clearly works.
• My mast head is at the top because other magazines
have used it and also for when it is on a shelf it will stand
• The cover lines are either side of my main photo as it
doesn’t clutter the page and make it look untidy.
How does your media product represent particular
• My front cover has a background of blue which will
hopefully appeal to the male target audience.
• The articles featured in my magazine such as “hot and
sexy girls go undercover” are aimed primarily at boys
and girls don’t find it interesting.
What kind of media institution might
distribute your media product and why?
• I would want a type of underground institution to
distribute my media product as I would want a niche
• I would also like word of mouth to promote my magazine.
• The type of magazine that it would be sold with would be
‘Front’ and it would work together to get the same
Who would be the audience for your media
• Gender: Male
• Age: 16-30
• Social class: c1 and c2
• Hobbies: Music, Skate boarding, Unknown bands, gigs
• Bands/Celebrities: Korn, Mcfly, Metro Station, Bleed
How did you attract/ address your
• The colours are appealing.
• The content.
• Language used.
What have you learnt about technology from
the process of constructing this product?
• I learnt how to use Photoshop to get the effects I wanted.
• I went on web sites to get the font.
• I learnt how important the layout is.
• How the font and size effects the whole of the page.
Looking at preliminary task what do you feel
you have learnt in the progression from it to
the whole product?
• I know how to get more complex effects by using a desk
top publisher like editing photos.
• I understand the forms and conventions of existing