Foundry Sand Reclamation
A Presentation by
1. Increased interest in reclamation in recent years.
2. Consistent & adequate supply.
3. Uniform properties & characteristics.
4. Delivery cost & delay in maintaining considerable
Increase !! (40% in Purchase & 125% in freight)
Federal regulations & Chemical Composition of
Pre- coated with resin & catalyst & strong grains
Requirements of SR Systems
• It should remove lumps.
• Removal of magnetic & non magnetic impurities.
• Removal of inert organic material.
• Good grain distribution.
• It should give casting a good finish & appearance.
• Removal of fines.
• Removal of coatings to a uniform level.
Types of Reclamation
1. Dry reclamation
-No restoration of original quality
-Does not remove the organic matter
2. Wet reclamation
-Partly removes coating
-Partly removes organic matter
3. Thermal reclamation
-Suitable for oil bonded sands with no clay
-Suitable for non-ferrous foundries (Core
4.Combined wet + thermal reclamation
-Restores original quality
-Removes organic matter completely
To Reclaimed sand silo