The American Revolutionary War Living History
Center (ARWLHC) & Experience Newsletter
PO Box 114, 301 Cleveland Avenue
Grover, NC 28073
001 (704) 937-2940 www.revwarexperience.com
Editor: Reg Alexander Executive Director: David Sherrill Managing Director: Martin Mongiello.
Food and Beverage Columnist: Allan Miller Contributing Home Columnist: Stormy Neal
Contributing Weapons and Warriors Columnist: Matt Vincett
The eight sections of our newsletter are normally under the control of Reg Alexander as Editor. Reg has a
long history of publishing, graphic design, illustration, editing content, printing and distribution. Reggie owns
Regal Graphics and Regal Ventures as well as the newspaper, KM Today. He was the perfect solution and
selection to facilitate this venture.
The secondary thing we would like to accomplish with this newsletter is to keep our members informed. It will
also be produced electronically and distributed via iContact.com. The primary item we would like to
accomplish is to produce a beautiful document that would spur additional members and additional
homeowners to come into our project – via physical distribution.
The sections of the newsletter are: 1. Food and Beverage, 2. Upcoming shows, music and performances, 3.
Kings Settlement & Home Features, 4. Weapons & Warriors, 5. Crosswalk News, 6. The 1776 Organic Farm,
7. Recreation and coming into being with the land, 8. New Club Amenities.
1. Food and Beverage: Led by Mr. Allen Miller the owner of the restaurant and tavern, this column features
exciting dishes and new wines – just to name a few things happening in the culinary world. Special baked
goods, new menus coming up, new celebrations for the holidays fresh food coming from our fields.
2. Upcoming shows, music and performances: This column will be led by Mr. David Sherrill of the famed
Sherrill family of settlers, the first pioneers to ever cross into these lands in the history of America. Dave
talks about history and things of our area and how Kings Mountain and Cowpens saved the revolution.
3. Kings Settlement & Home Features: Led by Mr. Terry Reneau of Hearthstone Homes, our licensed if and
certified builder. Terry always has something interesting to update us on from new designs to new
inventions in log home building, Hearthstone is the world leader.
4. Weapons & Warriors: Led by Mr. Mathew Vincett, noted Artillery Captain, this column speaks to
primitive weapons, smoke and fire weapons and building full-sized cannons from scratch. Wheels, tube, and
firing designs are Matt’s specialties and you have probably seen him in many National Military Parks.
5. Crosswalk News: Led by Mr. Reg Alexander, Executive Director of the Christian based show, Crosswalk,
this column features new shows, new venues, new groups coming to town and new marketing ventures in the
Christian Meeting Planners Association of America.
6. The 1776 Organic Farm: Led by Mr. Jason Rhodes of Rhodesdale Farm and Gardens this section features
herbs, spices and crops. What is coming in from the fields this week and what are we planting for harvest in
the months to come. Reports on births of our animals (our friends that we love) and co-op opportunities to
7. Recreation and coming into being with the land: Led by Ms. Stormy Neal Mongiello, an area native who
was born and raised on a farm, this column showcases a life of growing up on farms and coming to
understand peace on earth, living in the land and forests and your own opportunities to plant, grow and love
8. New Club Amenities: Led by Mr. Martin Mongiello, a former Manager of Camp David Resort and
Retreat for the First Family and President, this column showcases the fact that we’re constantly adding new
ideas and new features to our club membership. This column will source and search those items to report -
as well as develop reasons to celebrate additions.