Docker on a local machine and Docker in production — are two big differences. It's easy to play with technology but it's hard to do something real for many customers.
Half a year ago inside of Alpha Laboratory (division of Alfa-Bank) we've started building new microservices architecture for one of our pilot projects. We've almost completely changed a stack of the used technologies on a frontend and significantly changed it on a middle layer. For package and distribution we have choosen Docker. Two months ago we've deployed project to production and have opened service for clients.
In the report the following topics will be covered:
- reasons of a choice Docker;
- why Docker without other tools is not enough for a production;
- what stack of technologies we used in our solution;
- what advantages we've got;
- what problems have been faced and how we've solved them.