People need to speak up when being abused and kids
who were abused get a lack of confidence.
Our goal is to get children to understand why they were
abused and to not have feelings that lead to something they
will regret, and know that none of this is their fault.
Specific Goal for Improvement
Need to find children who were abused and that need to talk
Iowa Chapter of Children's Advocacy Centers
Child Abuse- finding children who were abused
1. Find children who were abused
2. Sit down with them and talk
3. Be their friend, not a investigator
4. Get them to understand none of this is their fault
5. Explain why it was abuse and not something that you deserved
6. Talk to parents
7. Get them help
8. Try to talk to them and get the explanation of why they abused their
9.Make a blog, facebook page, or something along those lines for the
victims so they will have somebody to keep talking to or to have updates
10. Have just a regular blog that you can say what you are going to do
for that day.
Tried to find children but haven’t found any yet
What have you accomplished so
Finding kids who have been abused, and find a place where
we can sit down and talk to them. What else needs to be
done is to contact places that could help with like snacks and
drinks or anything else if we ever had a meeting or just a
free day for the kids.
Where are you stuck and what else
needs to be done?
I have learned that there are different laws
about child abuse in every states.
What have you learned, gained,
skills developed, etc?