I will be editing 4 different images, all of which will be slight different in
colour. I had the idea that each section would represent a schizophrenic
personality within the character from my film trailer.
I changed the brightness of the image to ‘-100’
And then changed the contrast to 18.
I then decided that the colour was too bright and was therefore revealing too
much of Dom’s features, So I increased the contrast to 36.
I used the colourize tool to add more colour to the entire image.
I wasn’t happy with this colour and decided to return to the original image.
This time I used the selective colour tool, and manipulated the colour options
until I was happy.
I then used the colourize tool and changed the image to a watered red tone.
At this point, I am happy with the editing for this section. I will continue with
editing all the others and when I come to piecing them together, I will see
whether the editing is appropriate and come back to it if need be.
I then imported the following image and changed the brightness and contrast.
I then used the colorize tool to make the image red, I didn’t make the
saturation level as high on this one as I want to keep with the idea of each
section of his face being a personality.
At this stage, I am happy with the editing and will continue with the others and
make changes in the future if need be.
I have now started working on another section of the image.
I then changed the brightness and contrast of the image to make it darker.
I then changed the colour of the image by using the selective colour tool.
I then used the colour balance tool to change the colour of the image.
I am going to leave this image like this for now and like the others, I will make
changes to it if need be.
I have now started to edit the bottom half of Dom’s face.
I have changed the brightness and contrast to make it darker.
I then exported all the edits I made.
I am going to leave it at this level of editing for now and start piecing them
I changed the page layout to A4.
I added the first image and continued added the others one by one whilst
I then used the quick rectangle tool which I covered the entire page .
I then ordered the rectangle to go to the back so that it wasn’t covering the
I have now moved around the images so that they are the appropriate size etc.
I then added my credit block
And adjusted it wasn’t a long sentence running along the page.
I couldn’t figure out how to make the background behind the text black so I
selected a rectangle
I changed it to black and then put it behind the text and changed the colour of
the text to grey so that it didn’t stand out too much.
I then had to move the images up in serif draw as I wasn’t able to fit the
release date under the credit block.
I then added the title to my film poster. The font of the title in the magazine
cover is different to the one in the film poster because I didn’t want them to
look too similar.
I then added my tag line ‘the mind is a place for two..’ and made that green so
that it would stand out but not too much. I wanted to play on the idea of using
start and stop colours to highlight the fact that people with mental illnesses
don’t quite know whether they are coming or going and their sense of
direction and purpose is blurred.
I then exported the poster as a jpeg.
I had to return to editing.
I managed to forget to put my indent onto my film poster. I went
back onto to serif draw plus x5 and inserted the image and cropped
I made it as small as possible so that it wouldn’t be standing out too
much but would still be visible.