After I had rearranged my pages to a doublespread, I added in the main image, using ‘file’and ‘place’. I then placed it in the appropriateplace on the page.
When I placed the image in, I realized that it was not the rightsize. Therefore it was put into Photoshop, where it was edited tomake it wider. We copied parts of the bricks and moved themto the edge of the image to make it wider, until it was wideenough to fill the whole width of the page.
Next, I added in the background for the rest of he page. We didn’twant lots of white as it makes the page seem emptier than it is, soafter consulting the rest of my group, I decided to use a colour close tothat of the bricks but different enough to be clearly visible as not partof the main image.
The next stage was to add in a header, I looked atexisting magazine articles from ‘TV&Satellite Week’magazines. I used the same header that is used inthe other articles. First I added a red box and thenadded the text over the top of the box, editing it tothe correct size, font and colour.
Next, I added in a small box holding the main information of the documentary. Imade this out of different boxes that I coloured differently. I then added the textover the top of the boxes. After this, I grouped them all together, making it onelarger box. I chose these colours as they match one I have looked at for myanalysis’. I have included the necessary information, using different font types toseparate them as different pieces of information.
I then added the mainheading in. This has abackground of its own as itis an important part of thearticle. The font has beenchosen because it is astereotypical font, beingstereotyped as ’chavy’ Ithink it works well as itstands out very clearlyagainst the rest of the page.Also it matches the title‘Labelled’ in thebackground.
The next step was to add in the secondary images. These have taken up a fair amount ofthe page as they are visual and capture the readers eye. I have chosen images from thedocumentary, showing one of our experts, and some stereotypes. To help them standout and look more professional I added a white border around each image. I also addeda drop shadow effect to them all to give them a sense of dimension.
I then added in a footer, giving it a different coloured background to make it stand outbetter. I used red to stick with the colour scheme. I then added the page numbers andthe name of the magazine as this is a typical convention of a tv magazine. I have placedthem in the same place that ‘Tv&Satellite week’ does.
I added in a caption for the main image. After looking at existing captions, Inoticed that most of them are whitty and humorous. I came up with thecaption as it too is whitty and humorous and relates to the main image. Ichose not to have captions for the secondary images because there was not alot of space free to put them and I couldn’t think of any appropriate captions.
I then wrote the text for thearticle in word, so that Icould check easily forspelling errors. I checked thiswith my group to make surethey were happy with thetext.
The next thing I did was add a pull quote. I used a quote from the articletext. To make it stand out, I Made it yellow to match the colour schemeand I also made it larger. It is going to be in the middle of the text to helpbreak it up more. Plus, this is what is done in existing magazines.
I then copied the article that I had written earlier into two textboxes that have been linked so the text follows on from one intothe other. The text is white to stand out from the background andto follow the colour scheme. I used drops cap to start the articleoff as this looks more professional.