Don’t just think about sending shoppers to social – send your fans into retail stores or to your website. The rise of mobile blurs the distinction between online and offline channels, your strategy should reflect that same dynamic.
Mairead to go through
10 Holiday Campaigns for Social Success
Top 10 Holiday Campaigns for
Need-to-Know Holiday Stats
Holidays are huge. Last year, consumers spent $602 billion on winter
Last year, two of the top transaction days occurred in the first half of
Facebook still reigns. 92% of marketers will spend most of their social
marketing dollars on Facebook this year.
67% of brands will spend more on social media than they did last year.
Lindt Chocolate & Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Photo Contest Engagement
Lindt Chocolate partnered with Macy’s
Thanksgiving Day Parade to target families
and increase engagement with their brand.
• Started the campaign far in advance to keep fans
engaged with their brand long term.
• Used their partnership to advocate their brand’s
emphasis on family values while collecting user
Tip: If you’re not a retailer, consider partnering with
one for a holiday sweepstakes that impacts both
Black Friday Favorites Quiz Drive sales Engagement
Tea Collection allowed fans to vote for the
clothing items that should be added to their
Black Friday sale.
• Encouraged fans to share the quiz with friends by
requiring 1000 votes for an item to to eligible to win.
• Used a specific theme (dresses) to better target
• Gave fans the ability to vote up until the end of
Tip: Empower customers to select their favorite items
to be featured in a sale or collection.
Stella & Dot
Win Your Holiday Wish List Website
Stella & Dot ran a unique Sign Up campaign
and let their fans create holiday wish lists for
a chance to win a shopping spree.
• Stayed relevant to their brand and drove traffic to their
website where users could create their wish lists.
• Collected data such as emails and other valuable user
information around product preferences.
Tip: Prompt fans to create wish lists to increase
website browsing behavior. And, in the process, find
the products your customers love most.
Win Your Travel Wish List Acquire Data Engagement
STA Travel ran a holiday campaign using our
Poll Solution, incentivizing users to choose a
destination and sign up to win a pair of flight
tickets to the destination of their choice.
• Low barrier to entry: easy for users to simply like their
favorite destination and enter their email.
• Let the users customize their prize.
• Recognized that flight tickets around the holidays are
more expensive and provided a solution to that pain
Tip: Engage users by asking for their feedback
through a quiz or a poll and offer a fun brand-related
Shoppable Holiday Gift Guide Website
Keurig used our Look Book as a Gift Guide for
the holiday season. Each gift linked out to
their website where the product could be
• Drove website views and holiday sales.
• Incentivized fans with use of holiday-themed language
such as “Give the gift of Keurig cheer!”
• Made shopping for the holidays convenient with gift
recommendations and the added ease of shopping
them strait from the guide.
Tip: Make browsing easy with a shoppable gift guide!
Holiday Gift Card Pet Photo Contest Engagement
American Eagle prompted fans to submit a
holiday-themed picture of their pet to be featured
on their annual Holiday Gift Cards.
• Prize included a $500 gift card with their pet on the card.
• Started the campaign well in advance.
• Kept true to their brand by enhancing an initiative that they run
every year (holiday gift cards) and put a fun spin on it with UGC.
Tip: 62% of Americans own pets. Connect your brand to your
customers and their behaviors for effective targeting!
Dallas Ticket Packs Engagement Drive sales
Asked fans to choose which holiday
ticket pack they would like to add to their
wish list using our Tug of War Solution.
• Included a link to Ticketmaster on each side
where fans could purchase the Holiday Pack.
• Kept prizing on brand by giving one lucky
winner a ticket prize pack and a VIP line pass.
• Asked which prize pack fans would add to their
holiday wish list.
Tip: Incentivize fans to treat themselves while
shopping for others.
Bonobos used our Viral app on Twitter to
give followers one hour to unlock each of
the three “last minute” deals based on the
amount of retweets.
• Using the Twitter Viral application, Bonobos
motivated followers to re-tweet a message in order to
unlock the deal.
• This resulted in an increase of followers, expanded
reach and engagement with the campaign.
Tip: Leverage your followers to do the leg work of
promoting sales and campaigns for you!
Drive sales Engagement
#SummerinLilly Gallery Drive sales Engagement
Used Offerpop Commerce to promote
seasonal campaign across channels and
create a collection of high quality user
• Collected content from Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
and Tumblr using #SummerInLilly.
• Cross-promoted campaign on Instagram, in email
and in store to generate over 15M impressions.
Tip: Use your own brand ambassadors to engage
users around seasonal campaigns!
Hudson Bay made their Instagram feed
shoppable using Offerpop Commerce.
Highlights & Best Practices:
• Linked to the gallery from their Instagram Profile!
• Made their curated gallery shoppable, this could
easily be used for gift guides, holiday streams, and
Tip: Create a gallery of your brand Instagrams with
links to product, category or brand pages
Drive sales Engagement
Helpful Tips for your Social Strategy
• Plan Early and Start Early!
• Use holiday hashtags & run series-style campaigns like “12 Days of Christmas”. Try tiered giveaways or offers!
• It’s not all about coupons – many shoppers are simply looking for gift ideas. Create Pinterest Inspiration boards,
shoppable Look Books and UGC.
• Attention Non-retailers! Try partnering with a retailer for a holiday sweepstakes that impacts both your brands or
focus on charity, trips, or lifestyle UGC.
• Promote, promote, promote! Consider targeted Email marketing, promoted posts, Instagram, SMS marketing, and
print or in-store signage.
• Remember your on-the-go users when planning out campaigns.
• Get creative with incentives and make sure they’re relevant to your brand.
Sign Up for Holiday Marketing 365
A free content series that gives you the digital and social
tips and trends you need to know for Black Friday and
Sign up here! - bit.ly/holiday-365