1125 Route 22 West, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Phone (908) 429-8008 Ext 313, Fax (908) 429-8005
Contact: Nilesh Adani
Resume (Ref # 5559)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Over TEN years experience in Software Development out of which SIX years of experience in Java
Application Development, Enterprise Java, Distributed Application development, Object
Oriented Programming (OOPS).
• Experience in designing and developing state-of-the-art Object Oriented enterprise Web-based, Wire-
less and Web-Services applications running on Unix and MS Windows systems in production
• Expert level skills in Java, EJB, JSP, Tag Libraries, Servlets, JDBC, RMI with experience in MVC
Design Pattern of J2EE Architecture.
• Experience on XML, XSL, XSLT and parsing methodologies like DOM, SAX.
• Experience in designing application architecture based on Struts Framework.
• Experience in developing Custom Tag libraries for JSP Pages.
• Experience in developing customized MVC architecture.
• Expert in modelling Object oriented business Systems with UML with Together J, Rational Rose &
Design Patterns. Implemented RUP using UML 1.3.
• Industry Exposure - Telecom/Retail/Healthcare/Financial Services (Banking, Insurance).
• Functional / Systems Expertise - EAI / CRM / SCM / ERP.
• Strong technical skills in UNIX, NT, SQL, Oracle, Java (J2SE, J2EE, J2ME), SOAP, XML, LDAP,
Webservices, UML, RUP, SEI CMM.
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, Integrated Supply Chain Management, Apr ‘01.
• Quality Service Skills Learning International, CA, USA Feb ’97.
• Java Programming (‘A’ grade) University of California, Santa Cruz, USA Sep ‘97.
• Java Analysis and Design using UML Sun Microsystems, Inc, Palo Alto, CA, USA Jan, ‘00.
• Sun ONE iPlanet Application Server (NAS) Sun Microsystems, Inc, Palo Alto, CA, US Mar ‘00.
• Oracle 7.x, Oracle Corp., Redwood Shores, CA, USA Mar ‘95.
Operating System: UNIX (Sun, HP, AIX), MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP
Compilers: C/C++, MS Visual C++, Visual Basic, Borland C++, MFC, WIN API, DLL's,
ActiveX, ODBC, HTML, CGI, PERL, WAP, WML, XML (XML, DTD, XML
Schema, XSL, XSLT), HP OpenView, JAVA (J2SE, J2EE, J2ME), Eclipse 2.1.1,
Jdeveloper 3.x, ANT, WebSphere Portal for Multiplatforms 5.0, WSAD 5.0,
WebServers: CGI, ISAPI, NSAPI, iWs, Apache Tomcat 4.x
Application Servers: iPlanet iAS 6.x, Websphere 4/5, Weblogic 6.x/8, Jboss 2.4.x, OC4J
RDBMS: Data Modeling, Pro*C, PL/SQL, Oracle 7/8, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 6.5, DB2,
Middleware: DCOM, CORBA, SOAP, JMS, MQ, LDAP, WSDL
Methodologies: OMT, UML, Coad Yourdon, Workflow
Jun ‘04 - Present DPI Inc
Systems Analyst Cary, NC
Design and development of an Insurance Application in the Property and Casualty industry. Responsible for
working with direct management, business analysts and end users. Business Process involved Quote
proposal generation, policy, endorsements, billing and invoices, administration and setup.
Pages 1 of 5
Resume of SAMEER DHAWAN
• Analysed, designed and developed Jakarta Struts and BC4J based GUI.
• Created DAO code to uncouple the Struts BC4j data layer code from action classes
• Worked on integrating Role based security into the application.
• Used Oracle BC4J framework, evaluated migration to the new oracle ADF framework
Environment: J2EE design patterns, JDeveloper 9i, Oracle 10g, Jakarta Struts 1.1, XML/XSL,
Tags, Action Servlets, Action Classes, log4j, Reports, CVS Source Control, Sun Solaris and
MS Windows 2000
Jan ‘04 – Jun ‘04 Ebizxpert Inc (IBM ISV Partner)
Programmer Analyst Toronto, ON, Canada
Participated in full development lifecycle from requirements gathering through to production
implementation and support, working both independently and as a part of the development team for the
3rd largest Retail Canadian Bank (CIBC). Was responsible for working with direct management,
business analysts and end users to help define team activities and responsibilities and organize
development services and support to Funds transfer and other business groups. Interacted with a variety
of custom internal applications, by building interfaces and providing administration and setup.
• Analysed, designed and developed Jakarta Struts based GUI frontend for the new Funds Transfer
project dealing with foreign currency conversion transactions.
• Participated in estimation of development and migration tasks, design patterns, wrote business logic,
messaging (Message Driven EJB’s) and data access code by creating new session and entity EJB’s
to access the mapped schema tables in the relational database.
• Conducted quality review of deliverables, and created Junit test cases for server side EJB testing.
Environment: J2EE design patterns, Rational Rose 2000 UML, OO design, BEA Weblogic Integrator
Workflows 7/8.1 sp2 and WSAD 5.1, Websphere 5.1, Eclipse 3.x, Oracle 9i db Integration,
Jakarta Struts 1.1, XML/XSL, JSP, JSF, Custom Tags, Action Servlet, Action Classes,
Test case, log4j, Jasper/Crystal Reports, Cactus, Junit Tests, JMS Messaging MDB, EJB
deployment scripts, Castor, XML Beans, and cvs / eclipse ssl source control, Sun Solaris
MS Windows 2000
Nov ‘02 - Jan ‘04 Sprint Canada Inc
Systems Analyst Toronto, ON,
Worked on the design, and development of business process integration solutions (B2B EAI) on an open
Telco OSS/BSS Platform. System components included Customer/Supplier Management (CRM, Call
Centre, e-procurement), Service Order Processing and billing functions. Project contributions included gap
analysis, development, delivery and management of technology-based solutions.
• Translated business needs into technical requirements and articulated results to internal customers,
working closely with Business Analysts for receiving and analyzing requirements from
customers/design teams and by providing high-level project cost estimates, impact analysis, resource
requirements, implementation plans and system/program technical specifications.
• Developed analytical and insightful recommendations to meet deliverable targets and complete project
tasks within budget and to customer satisfaction through development of new developer level tools
and procedures to improve the build and development environment for java based open OSS
platform, utilizing the IBM J2EE platform.
Pages 2 of 5
Resume of SAMEER DHAWAN
• Created application architecture and technical architecture.
• Evaluated migration using IBM WBI and CrossWorlds.
• Created a WBI based SOA (service oriented architecture).
• Developed application design recommendations and best practices based on prior experience and new
research. Also, developed recommendations for applications migrating from BW3, both.
• Publish/subscribe applications and process automation applications. Interacted with other product.
• Teams, build and development team, test, release, change management, Vitria product support, and the
Environment: Integration brokers and business process management (BPM) –Vitria 3.1.7/BME 4.2
(Business Ware Process Modeling (Automator), Businessware Process Query (Analyzer),
Connectors (various types), Businessware Cockpit), Siebel6.5, Configurator, Siebel escripts,
RUP/UML (Use Cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams & Component Models), BEA
Weblogic 8 beta, J2EE design patterns& best practices, Struts, Session Bean/Entity Bean:
Architecture, lifecycle, caching, deployment, JDBC 2.0, Eclipse 2.1.1, WBI, Crossworlds,
WSAD Integration Edition, WebSphere Application Server V4.0/5.0, Web Services
(SOAP/WSDL/Apache Axis), Message-oriented middleware (MOM) Messaging software
(MQSeries, Tuxedo, JMS), Transaction processing, HP Openview, Ant Scipts, Rational
ClearCase/ClearQuest, Portal Infranet 6.5, XML, XSL, SQL, PL/SQL, CORBA/ IDL /
Stub generations, Sun One Directory Server, Sybase 11 Stored Procedures, DBArtisan 7.3,
Oracle8.x on Unix and NT
May ‘02 - Sep ‘02 CGI Inc
Senior Consultant Toronto, ON,
Worked with telecom client (Bell Canada) on the implementation of a middle-ware solution to integrate
order processing, ticketing, billing, provisioning systems and CRM solutions from different vendors to
create a B2B Hub that supported users, customers, and partners access of applications and information
through custom portals, and enabled users to access data across heterogeneous systems. Also, included was
the design and development of a benefits measurement module.
• Full life cycle of enhancements including analysis, design, coding and testing as well as preparing
project and user documentation for the assigned modules.
• Utilized J2EE platform and the Vitria Businessware EAI and recommended the best fit solutions both
technically and architecturally on time and under the allocated budget.
• Provided guidance and mentoring to the development team on product design and code quality,
requirements gathering, architectural analysis, infrastructure, data modeling, and configuration of the
• Developed reusable and portable client / business tier components using object oriented design to ensure
compatibility with different application servers, databases, backend data sources, and testing.
• The solution incorporated custom and out-of-the-box connectors, simple data transformers, automator
models, event definitions, database persistence configuration and installation, Error Handling and Java
code to provide the required functionality.
Environment: UML (Together), Java, Jdeveloper 9i, Jbuilder 6, Vitiria3.1.6 Workflow, Jboss 2.4.x,
OO Design, Struts, Servlet, JSP, Java Connector Architecture (J2C), J2EE Security-realm,
bean&appl'n, Amdocs, Weblogic 6, J2EE design patterns, JUnit/JUnitEE, Web Services,
XML, XSL, MySQL 4.x, Oracle 8.x on Unix and NT
Jun ‘01 - May ‘02 MapInfo Canada Inc/Versa Systems Canada Inc (Ebizxpert,
Senior Software Developer/Architect Scarborough, ON, Canada
Pages 3 of 5
Resume of SAMEER DHAWAN
Worked on design and development of telecom and heathcare applications utilizing J2EE. Technology on
IBM Websphere platform. Independently prepared system specifications, technical documentation, use
cases, scenarios, architecture models and diagrams in UML, identified patterns in object interaction
diagrams and carried out other tasks as directed by management.
• Designed and modified the existing User interface front end. Developed and integrated new software
components within existing server applications using the web services architecture.
• Securely exposed business logic and business processes over the Web for complete integration with
partners, suppliers and customers.
• Worked with Mapinfo's Telecom Client’s (Nortel, Motorola) on developing their mobile products line
(location based GIS applications working with the global positioning system (GPS)).
• The screen showed a map with positions of the persons within a given radius in real time, enabling the
user to email directions, and send short service messages.
• This operational mapping system provides spatial insights for business activities such as logistics,
warehousing, supply chain and helps to understand critical relationships between their assets,
resources, customers, citizens, prospects and competitors.
• Architecture, design and development of Versa Systems Ltd’s Healthcare Case Management System
application written to meet HIPAA, EDI requirements.
• The application is used to determine disability claims made to the U.S. Social Security Administration
by various State departments.
• The Case Management System was designed to address to continual pressure facing adjudicators as they
review evidence from physicians, clinics and hospitals as well as employers and others.
• The application enhances their ability to handle increasing caseloads yet maintain a high-quality,
comprehensive examination of each claim.
Environment: Swing, UI Java Development - MVC design pattern, Java Applets, J2ME, SSL, LDAP,
Java Script, XML, XSL, TogetherJ, IBM Websphere 4.x, SQL, Siebel6.x, MapInfo Pro 6.5,
mapXtend 2.0, MapXtreme 3.x on Unix and NT
Jul ‘00 - May ‘01 DWL Inc
Senior Product Developer - R&D Toronto, ON,
Worked on Development of business-to-business Web based and Wireless broker portal solutions that
helped clients in the retail and financial services (insurance) sectors. Electronic data interchange (EDI /
XML) was used as a foundation to support e-business processes, such as Internet-based supply chain
management and customer relationship management as well as enterprise resource planning systems. This
enabled their clients to more easily exchange real-time data between EDI and XML-based systems for
buyers, sellers, and partners.
• Created object oriented design in UML, using Spiral Development Methodology and the Rational
Unified Process leading to creation of use cases, class diagrams, state diagrams, activity diagrams,
sequence diagrams, collaboration diagrams and deployment diagrams.
• Also, prepared written software specifications. Lead a small team of developers to deliver components
of the overall (DWL Unifi) product, performed code reviews on software modules developed by
other software developers, reported progress to Project Manager.
• Solved complex technical problems related to modeling components, creating, maintaining technical
environment, databases, software installation, tuning, programming, debugging software,
implementing new technologies.
• Utilized Electronic Data Interchange (EDI / XML) document formats to help expand the reach of their
current EDI systems to non-EDI trading partners that currently completed their business-to- business
transactions on paper. The target data was extracted from existing computer services, translated to meet
the trading partner's specifications, and then the document was transmitted.
Environment: UML, J2EE, J2ME, EJB, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, Swing, iPlanet Application Servers, IBM
Pages 4 of 5
Resume of SAMEER DHAWAN
Unix and NT
Feb ‘99 - Jun ‘00 Sun Microsystems Inc
Senior Software Engineer Santa Clara, CA,
Provided design, development, consulting and implementation services to diverse clients using the SunOne
• Participated into the object oriented design and architecture of the SunOne Stack products including
Netdynamics, iPlanet Sun One application server product (iAS 6.x), portal server, Web server,
director server, meta directory server, integration server, and the identity server.
• Proactively troubleshoot potential issues and resolved them through analysis and corrective
• Provided input to product direction (requirement specification, elaboration and review), development
(coding, debugging and testing) and coordination (release, defect and schedule management, code
and design reviews). Integrated packaged and custom applications using the adapter toolkit and
• Used Out-of-the-box adapters and Java Connectors, to integrate CRM products with ERP applications,
such as those from SAP and Peoplesoft using Netdynamics PACs.
• This enabled legacy systems and data to participate in the e-commerce applications by transforming
closed, proprietary SAP and Peoplesoft legacy systems into open, standards-based enterprise
business services that could be combined or shared with new applications inside and outside the
• Worked with several key telecom ISVs, network operators, service providers and software developers on
the Java Connector framework to provide an application bus, define services and mediate the integration
and interoperability of different Customer Care and Billing (CCAB), operations support systems (OSS)
and business support systems (BSS) applications.
Environment: CORBA, UML, Java 2, Applets, EJB, RMI, JDBC, JSP, Servlets, Net dynamics 3/4/5, C+
iPlanet J2EE Application Servers, Weblogic 5/6.x, Oracle 8, SQL Server 6.5, SAP R/3,
Peoplesoft7.x on Unix and NT
Apr ‘94 - Feb ‘99 Eclipse Systems /
Programmer / Analyst Santa Clara, CA, USA
Worked on design and development of effective Internet, Intranet, networking, IVR, Call center and CRM
solutions in the financial services sector (banking) offering banking, investment, insurance, wealth
management applications that were used by both customers and internal users, such as tellers, agents,
brokers and customer service representatives within multiple Application Service Provider (ASP) hosted
Data Center environments. Clients included corporations such as Xerox Corporation, Gupta Corporation,
Aurum Software (BAAN), Edify Corporation, Sorsys Inc, Beyond.com (Online Software Store), Fair Isaac/
Blaze (Rules Engines).
• Performed complete System Study, Requirement Analysis, and came up with the Functional
• Provided Analysis and Design using Object Modeling Technique, visual modeling and graphical
display of various objects, classes, class & object, their connectivity using Case Tools.
• Object modeling and mapping to ER Models.
Pages 5 of 5
Resume of SAMEER DHAWAN
• Developed systems integration components covering major business functions for Quotations, Orders,
Invoices, Inventory, Parts Pricing and Maintenance Modules.
• Integrated EDI within business processes, thereby automating the ordering of parts, receive feedback
from the supplier, check on availability, order parts from a second vendor if they weren't available from
the first choice, generate shipping transactions and initiate payment to close out the whole process.
Environment: Centura, Edify EWF (S1 Corporation), Neuron Data (Brokat), BaaN, Vantive (Peoplesoft),
Scopus (Siebel), VB 5, MS Visual C++ 5.0, Pro*C, ODBC, Oracle 7.x, Webservers, Java,
HTML, PERL, CGI, SQL Server 6.5, Tcp/Ip, Unix admin, NT
Master of Business Administration, University of Maryland, USA May ‘03
Bachelor of Computer Engineering, University of Pune India ‘94
Pages 6 of 5