Zorays Solar Pakistan - gasoline generator vs solar energy system
Gasoline Generator Vs. Solar
ZORAYS SOLAR PAKISTAN
Zorays Inc. seeks to
harness its exclusive,
and innovative creativity
to deliver global energy
solutions that cater to
consumers' daily needs.
Harmonizing with the
environment, a movement
toward the building of a
Low-carbon Society using
Clean, limitless energy.
• 60 % schools without adequate drinkable
• 70 % water with conventional irrigation
system reportedly evaporates
• 99 % tube wells run on non renewable
Renewable Vs. Non Renewable
Solar energy is Renewable i.e. Solar panels use free
sun energy to produce electricity. It is based on Zero
At the same time, a generator is a Non Renewable
resource of electricity; it warrants continuous
availability of gasoline and produces GHG
(Govt. policies can further hamper the provisions) 15
• A generator creates High dB Noise
• A solar energy system is totally Noise
Generation Side Power Factor
• With a Gasoline Generator, the Power
factor on generation side is changed with
load profile and speed of fuel injection.
• Solar Energy Systems have High Power
factor based inverters. Moreso, the p.f.
stays the same on the generation side17
• Reliable to amount of fuel input, generator
is usually specified for 80 per cent
performance for best fuel economy. For
any load above/below this capacity factor,
generator yield is disturbed.
• Predictable since consistent yield output
according to performance curves.
• A generator receives Distortions and
harmonics in Electrical signals due to
movable/vibrating parts. Therefore, not
suitable for electricity export.
• A solar energy system is capable of
Synchronization with grid for future export of
excess power as there are no harmonics due
to addition of Suppressing Filters. 19
• A genset is a Non Modular equipment; it
needs replacement with same or bigger sized
equipment at the end of the day.
• Where as a solar energy system is innovative
and Modular; as it could be expanded in
future or molded according to budget to take
maximum benefits within requested limits.
• You can never achieve pay back of a
• A properly designed solar energy system
achieves its Pay back in five or less years
and there is free energy afterwards.
• Recurring maintenance cost occurring in
45 days due to tepid and vulnerable
butterflies of generator.
• Maintenance requirement occurring only
after 6 months just to check specific
gravity of battery through indicators for a
solar power system.
• Regular need for oil filter and Mobil oil
replacement in case of generators.
• On the other hand, Solar Batteries
replacement after a minimum of 7 years
• A genset, redundant practice, has Low Resale where as
a solar energy system has Highest Resale.
• A gas generator is disliked for places like schools and
other public buildings. A solar power system has iconic
value due to Corporate Social Responsibility factor
enabling user to help improve the environment.