Successfully reported this slideshow.
Mar 22, 2017
The way consumers follow brands has changed. The market is shifting from B2C to person to person selling. Integrating influencer marketing into your brand's marketing strategy can help boost brand success - if you follow these tips!
1© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
WHAT ARE INFLUENCERS?
2© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
• Influencers are individuals who share their thoughts, opinions,
testimonials, etc. about products or services online and through
social media platforms
• Influencer marketing is the practice of building relationships with
people who can build relationships for you
o They become an asset for building social relationships
• Influencers can help grow your brand because consumers trust
them to lead them to the ‘correct’ (buying) decision
BENEFITS OF INFLUENCER
3© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
• Influencer marketing is an excellent tactic to add to your marketing
• It offers a level of authenticity not achieved by other marketing
• Consumers place more trust in influencers because they view them
as more believable (testimonials)
4© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
THE MARKET IS SHIFTING
• The way consumers keep up to date with brands has changed –
they follow people now instead of brands
• Influencer marketing represents the shift from businesses selling
to consumers to people selling to people
• The people we follow influence us to buy from certain brands,
which is why influencer marketing is important to brands looking
to grow their customer base
AN EXTENSION OF YOUR BRAND
5© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
• Who you choose to represent your brand is very important
(for obvious reasons) so choose carefully
• Think about your target market and who can help you speak to
• Consider what lifestyle and persona you are looking to portray
– the influencer you choose to work with should be an
extension of your brand identity
6© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
• To find the right influencer for your needs, you must follow, watch and
consume all the things that your audience is or is going to be talking
about and then jump into those conversations
• Tap into your resources and network:
o LinkedIn, Communities, Networks, Inner circle, Levo.com
• Consider demographics – what do your customers have in common?
How are they different? How does your marketing approach need to
shift to reach customer groups?
CONNECTING WITH INFLUENCERS
7© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
• Understand who your audience is and who your influencers are
o 5 W’s – dig deeper to really understand the customer
• Match the influencer to the industry where necessary
• Think about the best way to communicate your message –
what channels will you use?
• Incentivize and then ‘activate’ your influencers
• Look for tools/resources to make it easier, and to help understand
• i.e. tracking and social media analytics
CHOOSING YOUR CHANNELS
8© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
• If your influencer campaign is focused on B2C channels, use
platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat
• If your influencer campaign is focused on B2B channels, use
platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
• Always be relevant to the channel you use – cater to the
platform and the audience that uses it
• Don’t try to be everywhere - you will spread yourself thin, and
it may annoy consumers
o Remember, quality over quantity
9© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.
• In B2C marketing, influencers must disclose when they are
promoting a brand
o Most will tag these types of posts or images with
#sponsored or #partner
o Influencers will also add disclaimers on their websites
o Consumers are not deterred by this, and most agree it
makes the influencer seem more honest and
Inspired to add influencer marketing to your
Contact the team at Zenergy to learn how we can help you with your influencer
marketing campaign. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll-free at
10© ZENERGY COMMUNICATIONS North America Inc.