Muhammad Zeeshan Azam
Sir Shazif Iqbal
Table of Contents
• Brand and product of our choice
• Marketing strategy and Marketing Mix
• Marketing Environment
• Competing brands
• Characteristics affecting consumer behavior
• Buyer decision process
• Market Segmentation and Type of the product category
• Lifecycle of the brand w.r.t product
• Product attributes with other Variance
• Price decision and Strategy
• Nature of marketing channel, factors for designing and challenges the company faces
• Promotion mix of the brand and IMC
• Sales promotions
• 1P of marketing mix which should change
• Campaigns and ATL & BTL strategies
• Interview questions
About the Product and Brand
• Samsung is a South Korean Multinational Electronics Company
• They employ 236,000 people across 79 countries with
• Annual sales of US $187 billion.
• Mr. John Park, Managing Director of Samsung EC Pakistan Pvt. Ltd.
• Smart TV is the product of our choice. Smart Thinking, Simple Living
• It has latest features of Motion Control, Face Recognition and Voice Control
• Smart Interactions
• The producer of the Samsung Smart TV is the Samsung Company
• Assembled and distributed by Orient Group of Companies Pakistan.
• More Multimedia contents
Marketing strategy and Marketing Mix
• The pricing of the product
• Placement of the product
• Distribution of the product
• The market segmentation
Marketing Mix of the brand
• Product Customer Solution
• Price Customer Cost
• Place Convenience
• Promotion Communication
Company’s Micro Environment includes
• Different Departments of company (HR, Marketing, Production, Sales etc.)
• Marketing intermediaries (resellers of the products)
Company’s Macro Environment includes
• Economic Environment
• The technological environment
• The political environment
Major Competitors of the Selected Product
• Sony: is a good competitor due to its brand loyalty and its market
value for its products
• LG: LG is now a days making efforts and trying to have a competition
in the market.
• Toshiba: Moving towards the latest technology in LED TVs
• Panasonic: Creating new ideas in LED
Characteristics affecting consumer behavior
• Culture: Moving from TV Monitor screen LCD screen LED TV
• Social aspect: Family environment, Social communications
• Personal factors: Lifestyle, Salaries, status
• Psychological: Motivation, Perception and Learning
Buyer decision process
• Need Recognition: Need of the defined product which is having new
technology with latest features
• Information Search: to search information for the product using
internet, social media, Newspapers, TV campaigns, Catalogues, Electronic
• Evaluating of Alternatives: The buyer finds the alternative brands and their
offerings relative to the selected category
• Purchase Decision: Deciding the brand of choice, the buyer decides to buy
the chosen brand of Smart TV.
• Post purchase behavior: Some backup services from the
company, warranty claims of 1 year up to 7 years in case of Smart TV.
Market Segmentation and Type of the product
• LCD TVs Liquid is being used in it, this technology have become older.
• LED TVs Diodes are used instead of Liquid, it is latest to LCD.
• Plasma TVs Gases are used in this technology and it is the latest technology
The type of your product
• Type of our product is specialty
• Not everyone can afford it so
• Latest technology in LED and TV world
• Two or more brands of choices in this category
Life cycle stage of your brand and its
• The life cycle stage of our brand is growth stage and moving towards
• Company is making efforts to make the product to the Maturity Level
• The company has to maintain the Smart TV as a Star product of
Samsung to move it towards Maturity level
• Samsung allocated 60 to 65% of the market share on this product
Product attributes with other Variance
• There are some variances offered by the company
in the Smart TVs
• We can identify the Smart TV by the “Series”
offered by the Samsung
• Series4, Series5, Series6, Series7 and Series 8 with
some variances in
Quality, Style, Processing, material etc.
• The latest one is Series 8 which have all the
features in a perfect way
Price decision and Strategy
• Prices are different for Retailer and for the End Consumer
• Customers are becoming more price sensitive so they want a good
quality product in low or in a reasonable price
• Captive Product Pricing strategy with Smart TV is the main product
• Samsung USB (for internet) which is compulsory for the connectivity.
Home Theatre system is a part of sound entertainment
• 3D glasses are also used for 3D Movies.
• The prices of these accessories are kept relatively high than other
• The accessories and main product of the Same Brand.
Nature of marketing channel
• The company first manufactures the product, then they sell out to the
authorized dealers and the Dealer sell out the products to the end
Challenges the company faces in managing channel members
There are some challenges that company has to focus
• to manage its own Cargo services
• delivery service to make quick and delivery of the products
• to see whether its channel members are working efficiently or not.
Factors by Designing market Channel
• Sale Through ( Sales to the end consumers)
• Sale Out (Sales To the retailer)
Manufacturer (company) == Authorized Dealers
Manufacturer === whole seller/ dealer == Consumer
Promotion mix for the brand
• Promotion mix of our brand/product is define bye the two processes
ATL and BTL
• ATL (above the line): promotional activity done by the company
through mass media such as radio, TV, print media, etc.
• BTL (below the line): promotional activity used by the marketer to
target specific market or exhibition in any store or Mall
The concept of IMC
• This is basically the concept of integration between ATL and BTL
• Marketers communicate with customers
to giving values and promote the product
• Marketers using both the process ATL & BTL
ATL + BTL
• The company advertises its products by using any type of media
which includes: newspaper, TV channels, Flyers, Internet etc.
• In any outlet of Samsung, we see that a trained staff is there which is
promoting the Samsung products
• Explaining the range with its features and its prices displayed
• The company communicates to the customers to create awareness of
the product and its specifications
1P of marketing mix which should change
According to the company, the company does not need to have a
change in any one P of marketing mix.
REASON: According to the company,
The company have perfectly followed all the 4P`s of marketing mix to
attain highest position in Smart TV (LED) among all the other brands
(competitors). And the company have created good liability and market
TV campaigns and all other campaigns are used by the company to
promote its brand and its product
• TV campaigns are the major source to promote a product, media to
play company’s ads in prime time
• print media is also used for promotion, companies give flyers and
brochures to update the people
• Samsung also promotes the products on social media campaigns
there many peoples in the world using face book, yahoo ,twitter etc.
• All these campaigns can increase company products demand and
company can achieve very much profits
ATL and BTL strategies
• ATL strategy, the company advertises in Magazines and Newspapers
(Herald, Times and Tribune etc.), TV advertisements and other mass media. The
company has to pay for its advertisements in ATL strategy.
• BTL strategy, the company takes parts in exhibitions (expo center). In this
strategy, the company does not have to pay (like in ATL).
• Sometimes, the company works in TTL (through the line) strategy for the
advertisements. In TTL strategy, the company uses the mixture of ATL and BTL.
Samsung sometimes offer small gifts on the purchase of product (t-shirts, key rings
and clock) on which they have printed their Brand Logo.
The most running brand in the category:
• Samsung is the most running brand in the category of LED TV and Smart TV
The position of the brand :
• It is on the top position among all the brands of the category due to its new offering and latest technology
• Chinese companies “Chang Hong” and “Eco Star” are the new competitors due to lesser price and suitable
Any response towards the New Campaign of the brand:
• Samsung, one of the most successful manufacturers of connected or smart TVs, is to launch its campaigns in
Pakistan As well.
Samsung to increase market share in Pakistan to 50% by end of 2013
Effects on the consumer interest in the product:
• The sales of the Samsung products have increased in the market of Smart TVs and LEDs. And consumers are
interested to have new and different thing for their entertainment.
Different Outlets which we visited
• We visited A class stores and B class stores but our product is not
found in C class stores.
The stores include:
• A class Stores: Samsung outlets, Metro Cash & Carry (brand shop)
• B Class stores: Afzal Electronics, Madina Electronics, Arshad
Electronics, Lahore Center (Abid Market)
• LCD World (Hall Road)
• Radio and TV Center (Liberty Market)
At the end of this report, we conclude that Samsung is a company
which moves to the new innovations in the field of electronics. This
company has highly customer acceptance. And everyone knows about
the brand. Samsung mostly offers the Quality and latest upcoming
gadgets, through which they get customer satisfaction and create value
for the products. The company has high market share and have better
opportunities to prove something new for the customers.