TLS a new era to control defective product production
A. QC Responsibility(number8 sewingline TL responsibilityaswell whenoperation having RED boxas per
1. Ensure each machine hasthe trafficlightchart
2. Write all processname carriesout by that machine
3. Write operatorsname and employee number
4. Change operatorsname whentheychange theirworkplace.
5. Use AQL 1.5 todetermine processcapability
6. Each box will represent5garmentscheckedasa minimumforlotsize upto 25 parts/component.If the
machine haslessthan5 part/componentwaittogetat least5 part/component.
7. Use defectscode giveninthe form andspecifyall defects
8. Use colorfollowingway
a. Green- Nodefectsfound
b. Yellow- 1defectsfound
c. Red- More than1 defectandsuspend(Stop) the operationandgetTL/GTL involve
9. Showall defectstoOperators
10. Get operatorssignature
11. Picktop 3 defectsfromthe day
12. Assistandprovide the informationtoTL/GTL to talk withrespectiveoperatorstoknow theirproblems
and resolve forimprovementat4.00 pm everyday.
13. Summarize the findingsdailybasisandsubmittoQA office weekly.
B. Followup visit(QC, Operator, Team Leader/ GroupTeam Leader)
1. OperationhavingGreenbox during1st
visitcan visittwice aday (Morning/Afternoonafterlunch)
2. OperationhavingYellowbox QCisresponsible toreduce the defect togetthe box green and systemof
checking1 in 5/10 garmentsbyoperatorwill automatically effective until board showsgreenbyQC.
3. OperationhavingREDbox OPERATORis responsible andsystemof checking100% parts/components
will be automaticallyeffective. CallTeamLeader( sewingline) tocheckherprocesswhenconfidant
- Team Leader(sewingline) isresponsible to checkthose operationrandomlyandfill the boxesas
perabove guidelinetill the box turnstoyellow/green.QCisnotresponsible forREDhighlighted
- WhenTL find1 defectoutof 5 box will be filledwithYellow andhandoverthe processtoQC for
furtherfollowupandif there isno defectbox will be filledwithgreen.
(Note Sewingline TLcan be providedaset of highlighterpenorcan share withQC)
- Team Leaderisresponsible toinformQCwhenoperatorchange for surveillance
4. Group TeamLeader/Line in-charge (Sewingline) isresponsibletoensure all the processhighlighted
withYellow/RedturnstoGreenendof day. If it isnot
- InformQC TL/GTL forthe reasonof whyline QCcouldnot reduce the defecttomake the box green
- Work withTeamleader(Sewingline) forthe reasonwhyTL couldnot reduce the defecttomake the
C. Data Analysis
1. QC isresponsible tocompare Inlinefindingsagainstendline findingshourlybasisandbe more
vigilanttothe processendline checkersfinds more defect
2. Share your findingswithEndline checkertoensure thatdefectdoesnotslipthroughtheir
3. QC isresponsible toworkwithGroupTeamLeader(Sewingline) tofindthe rootcause of repeated
4. Keepfollowingupthe processresponsible forhigherdefectsuntil hourly/Dailydefectsrate comes