Key points from the presentation
- Bootstrap. Don’t introduce complexity into your environment until you really need it.
- Leverage the skill set of your organization. If your analysts are great with R, productionize an R workflow.
- Automate. Pragmatic engineering can empower your analysts while supporting your process.
- Freemium Cloud, first. IaaS providers like Amazon have a free tier to help you get started. Try it before you buy it.
- Use Hosted Tools and Services. There are powerful hosted tools and services out there, like Travis-CI, to help you automate your workflow. Add them to your toolkit.
For more content from Betterment's engineers, please visit: https://www.betterment.com/blog/topics/engineering/.
Code samples: https://github.com/ygoldman/rwizflowy