Introduction for Interior Design
Yuma Chandrahera, S.sn
What is Interior Design ?
• We spent over 90% of our day
in interior space
• Professional interior Designers
are not Interior Decorators
• Interior Design is ALL about
human behavior and human
• The professional interior
designers is qualified by
education, experience and
examination to enhance the
function and quality of interior
Benefits of Using Interior Designer
• Consulting with a interior designers in not
about imposing ideas and personal taste onto
• It is about client and designer coming
together to create a unique space.
• Its about helping the client develop their
vision while analyzing their design
• In the end creating a flexible, functional
environment that optimizes your space
• Interior designers can visualize the overall
project and illustrate the effects before they
are actually executed. (This is the primary
reason why designers can save you time and
• How does color impact your design?
• How does each new interior design element
relate to the overall scheme?
• What product and finishing material options?
• Design Firms can help you determine a
Interior Design must can help to answer
important design questions
• Who is your clientele?
• What type of experience are they looking for?
• Are there any interior styles that your customers would shy away from?
• Where is the located ? in a large city? a suburb? country? resort area?
• How does your location relate to your interior design style?
The interior design style you select
directly relates to your clientele and
Before you select a style take the time
to explore the answers to a
few important design questions.
The Professional Interior Designers
• Analyzes client’s needs , goals, and life safety requirement
• Integrates their finding with a knowledge of interior design
• Formulates preliminary design concepts that are aesthetic, functional, and in
accordance with codes and standard
• Develop and present final design recommendation through appropriate
• Prepare working drawing and specification, reflected ceiling plan, lighting,
interior detailing, materials, finishes, space planning, furnishing, equipment.
• Collaborates with professional services of other licensed practitioners in the
technical areas of mechanical, electrical, and others.