UNIVERSIDAD EL BOSQUE
SISTEMAS Y TECNOLOGÍA
ODONTOLOGÍA III SEMESTRE
• PubMed its a project designed
by the “NCBI”
• It allows the acces to the
bibliographic data base
recolected from the “NLM”
• For example MEDLINE,
PreMEDLINE, Genbak and
• MEDLINE is the
data base from
the U.S National
Library of Medicine
HOW TO START A SEARCH IN
1.Enter terms in the search form and click the Go
button or the Enter key.
2. If the term is composed of more than one
word, PubMed automatically combine by using
logical operator (AND) all the terms entered
HOW TO USE THE CLIPBOARD /
• The Clipboard lets us
save, print and read,
selected citations from
one or more searches
• The maximum number of
appointments that can
be stored is 500.
The Index allows us to access a list of
terms within a specific field such
HOW DOES INDEX WORK?
Select terms to develop a search strategy
using Boolean or logical operators: AND, OR,
HOW TO USE BOOLEAN
• Will allow us to combine (AND), sum (OR) or exclude
• Boolean operators AND, OR, NOT must be
written in capital letters
• PubMed is a great way to build our
investigations and projects.
• It is known that PubMed comprises
more than 23 million citations for
biomedical literature from MEDLINE,
life science journals, and online books.
• It is important to give the best use we
can give, to get as a result benefits for
• Remember that we can also help
others by submitting our investigations.
Building a collaboration link and
taking advantages of it.