Design Principles: Bg. Activity
‣ Reduce all background job
‣ Defer it to when device is on charger
‣ Coalesce it with other background job
Bg. Activity limitations
OS8.0, API LV.26
‣ August 2017
‣ Background execution limits
‣ Notiﬁcation dots, Adaptive icon
‣ XML font
‣ Application overlay, etc.
Scheduling this work intelligently can improve your app’s performance,
along with aspects of system health such as battery life.
Be smarter, faster and more powerful than ever.
Let's make your app with 8.0 :)
Follow the new features
Migrating to WebView in Android 4.4:
Best Practices for Background Jobs:
ART and Dalvik:
Getting Your Apps Ready for Nexus 6 and Nexus 9:
Android Emoji Changelog