6 Ways to Speed Up Computer for Free Resource From ： speed up computer for free
1. Remove viruses, spyware and adware• Viruses are nasty programs that cause both major and minor problems for users.• Spyware and Adware can load into computer memory and slow it down. Periodically scanning and removal of Viruses, Spyware and Adware is a great way to improve computer performance.• Free download the best antivirus software to guard your system from viruses, spyware, adware, and speed up computer running speed.
2. Free up disk space and defragment disk• Remove junk files, temporary files and other unnecessary files by disk cleanup function from Disk Properties.• Run disk defragmentation from Tools tab of Disk Properties, which rearranges files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations, in order to increase data access speed.
3. Detect and repair disk errors• As incorrect reading and writing to hard disk, bad sectors are developed, which slows down hard disk performance and sometimes makes data writing (such as file saving) difficult or even impossible.• Windows built-in Disk Error Checking utility scans for bad sectors and system errors, and attempts to recover or fix them. To fix more disk problems, you can adopt a disk optimizer.
4. Don’t automatically start programs• Loading programs at Windows startup uses system memory; thus, unless you always use these programs, keep them from system startup list, so as to decrease computer booting time.
5. Uninstall unused programs• When a program is installed, it creates connections between the program and the operating system. Even if you don’t use these programs, they can slow down your system. Uninstall unwanted programs directly to make computer run faster. For the programs that do not be frequently used but useful, find and keep the programs’ installation disks or files, and then uninstall them.• Note: Sometimes, the installation folders of applications are not deleted during uninstallation. You need to delete it manually.
6. Clean registry• Though it seems that program is removed totally, in the registry, you can still find the trace (such as registration code) it left. As disk cleanup, you can clear the trace manually, but a registry cleaner can help you clean registry and optimize it more quickly.
Take a try to speed up your computer. Thank you for Reading.