Securency International Pty Ltd<br />Usage of Vacuum Distillation <br />to Recycle Trade Waste Water<br />
Who is Securency?<br />World leader in polymer banknote substrate -  Guardian®<br />Two manufacturing locations…<br />Aust...
Production Waste Stream<br />Are Treatment & Recycling possible?<br />Electroplating Waste Stream<br />Printing Equipment ...
Design Study<br />
Project Map<br />
Process flow<br />
Performance<br />Concentrate = 3.25%<br />Evaporate = 1.1%<br />Total loss = 4.35%<br />Total recycled = 95.65%<br />
Key Figures <br />Treatment cost per month (= 60’000 litres)<br />Energy<br />60 kWh per 1000 litre<br />= 3631.8kWh x 0.0...
Thank you for your attention<br />
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Securency presentation

714 views

Published on

Vacuum Distillation of Trade Waste - presentation at Yarra Valley Water Business Breakfast

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
714
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
100
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Securency presentation

  1. 1. Securency International Pty Ltd<br />Usage of Vacuum Distillation <br />to Recycle Trade Waste Water<br />
  2. 2. Who is Securency?<br />World leader in polymer banknote substrate - Guardian®<br />Two manufacturing locations…<br />Australia and Mexico<br />Dedicated R&D centre in Australia for further innovation<br />2008<br />2ndOpacification plant commissioned (Mexico)<br />2009<br />Securency R&D centre was Built<br />2011<br />1988<br />1996<br />2003<br />2007<br />Over 30 Countries have issued banknotes printed on Guardian®<br />First Guardian® polymer banknote issued<br />Securency <br />was formed<br />PolyTeQ® Services were introduced<br />2nd production line set-up<br />1985<br />1990<br />1995<br />2000<br />2005<br />2015<br />
  3. 3. Production Waste Stream<br />Are Treatment & Recycling possible?<br />Electroplating Waste Stream<br />Printing Equipment Wash Down Stream<br />
  4. 4. Design Study<br />
  5. 5. Project Map<br />
  6. 6. Process flow<br />
  7. 7. Performance<br />Concentrate = 3.25%<br />Evaporate = 1.1%<br />Total loss = 4.35%<br />Total recycled = 95.65%<br />
  8. 8. Key Figures <br />Treatment cost per month (= 60’000 litres)<br />Energy<br />60 kWh per 1000 litre<br />= 3631.8kWh x 0.06 AUD<br />= 217.90 AUD<br />Process Additives<br />25 litres of Defoamer<br />25 litres of Caustic Soda<br />5 litres Cleaning Agent<br />= 230,-AUD<br />Labour<br />10 hrs<br />= 400,-AUD<br /> ~850,-AUD/month = 1.4 cents/litre compared with 20 cents/litre on chemical treatment (excluding analysing cost = 400,-AUD/monthly)<br />
  9. 9. Thank you for your attention<br />

×