Social Media Recommendations
Public Relations & Advertising
1216833 Yerim Choi
- Table of Contents 1. Introduction of ‘FREEMED’
2. Analysis of FREEMED Social Media Page
3. Analysis of Competitors’ Social Media Page
- World Vision
4. SWOT & Insights
5. Recommendation for FREEMED
- Freemed is non-profit medical organization. It was established in 2008
by some university students as a Social Enterprise. In 2012, it was
approved as non-profit organization.
- Most acting members of freemed are university students. And many of
alumni and doctors help to operating organization.
- Since freemed is non-profit organization, they have to do fundraising.
- Freemed operates three main projects.
MHI : Freemed operate MHI project (MHI : Maternal Healthcare Initiative) to
decrease mother death rate of underdeveloped countries. They distribute medical
devices such as delivery kit, Antenatal Diagnostic Tool Kit. They also try to
construct medical infra in underdeveloped country. And they educate local
people how to use the kits.
CLINIC : Freemed provide free clinic service in Seoul station to the homeless.
Freemed help people living healthy. Clinic service is operated consistently.
Health Education : Freemed helps children to recognize the value and
importance of health. By teaching to children medical information, Freemed
expect children to grow healthy and brightly.
Analysis of Freemed Facebook page
- 2,280 likes
- Most people who click ‘likes’ and share contents are fans of freemed page.
- M.H.I / Clinic / Health education posting + informative posting (such as recruiting)
- In 2012, freemed write all information on their facebook timelines. However, these
days freemed upload contents through blog links.
- We cannot search Freemed facebook page when we search ‘freemed’ in Korean.
- People cannot post on freemed facebook page. Only freemed facebook manager
can write something on their timelines.
Analysis of Freemed Facebook page / Best effective content
141 Likes / 4 Comments
This posting notice event of Freemed.
It encourage people to participate their
Analysis of Freemed Facebook page / worst effective content
10 Likes / 4 Comments / 6 Shares
Timeline message is not attractive. It is lack to appeal other people.
Posting with too little information can be confusing.
Analysis of Freemed Facebook page / Good Example
78 Likes / 52 Comments / 63 Shares
This content was written based on their vivid experiences. Picture is also
Analysis of Freemed Facebook page / Bad Example
19 Likes / 2 Comments / 7 Shares
People don’t know about OCS totally.
And time line message is not attractive. It is lack to appeal other people.
Maybe, nobody wants to click the link.
Analysis of UNICEF Facebook page
UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund)
- UNICEF is created to help others who suffer from poverty, violence, diseases and
- The UNICEF facebook page is meant to be an engaging and learning
environment for their fans to share ideas and learning environment.
- The UNIFEF has many facebook pages. They have page of each country,
community page, and ‘UNICEF We Action’ page. Each page seems to be similar to
others, but they have subtle differences in point of managing style.
- Facebook users can post contents on UNICEF page.
- Global UNICEF page, which use English have 2,773,662 likes
- The Korean committee for UNICEF Facebook page retains 33,271 likes.
- ‘UNICEF We Action’ page retains 393,419 likes.
Analysis of UNICEF Facebook page
- In this report, I will focus on ‘UNICEF We Action’ page which is updated most
actively and provide variety contents.
- UNICEF started to managing facebook page on 4th June, 2012 / rapidly grow.
- Contents of UNICEF have many parts of emotional things. They tell stories of
some children who suffered from problems. Sometimes they give information
about their events. They also encourage people to donation. (Saying help specific
Emotional touching picture + story of the picture + action link
- Sometimes, They upload daily message about national holiday or weather.
- Video could not appeal many people. Especially, if celebrity were not appears,
people tend to disregard that contents.
Analysis of UNICEF Facebook page / Best effective content
196,967 Likes / 533 Comments / 294 Shares
The Best Effective
Since everybody can participate in this campaign, it could maintained many
Compared with other campaign, clicking the ‘likes’ is more easy. And we can
easily realize that our participation is closely connected with real contribution.
Analysis of UNICEF Facebook page / worst effective content
This is the worst effective content of ‘UNICEF We Action’
84 Likes / No share page. It gave information to people. However, content was
not attractive. People have interest in helping children but
they don’t have hugely interest in history of organization.
If they want to give information to others, they should
have made their contents more interesting.
Analysis of UNICEF Facebook page / Good Example
28,458 Likes / 249 Comments / 2,306 Shares
Good Example content of ‘UNICEF We Action’ page is
People can easily recognize that if they do something,
they can really help children directly.
Analysis of UNICEF Facebook page / Bad Example
2,214 Likes / 10 Comments / 19 Shares
Bad Example content of ‘UNICEF We Action’ page is
- ‘We make something, if you do something, it will be~’
->Since we cannot confidence of result, we could not persuade many people.
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page
- World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working
with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full
potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
- World Vision Korea facebook page retains 4,458 likes
- World Vision facebook page use friendly sentence. And most of their contents
are focused on specific child. It can make people moved and encourage
people decide donation.
- World Vision makes contents with their activities.
- World Vision use causal message effectively.
- World Vision creates contents using ‘wise saying’
- World vision post child’s letters. Who was received help of World Vision.
- Posting which related with their ambassador is especially popular
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page / Best effective content
5,225 Likes / 50 Comments / 37 Shares
The best effective content of World
Vision facebook page.
Ambassador of World Vision appear in
this posting. And it also includes ‘wise
Visually Catching + Touching Sentence
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page / Worst effective content
8 Likes / 1 Comments
The worst effective content of World Vision facebook page.
We cannot read this content at once. And even though we
want to help them, we could not found way easily.
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page / Good Example 1
813 Likes / 4 Comments / 14 Shares
Through this posting, people see how their donation being used. And people will
more trust project of World Vision and will have more affection in this organization.
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page / Good Example 2
3,354 Likes / 20 Comments / 857 Shares
This daily life message was shared many times. This content includes timely proper
messages. It encourage people think about their action one more time. And
through sharing, brand name of ‘World Vision’ will be more spread.
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page / Other Good Examples
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page / Bad Example 1
446 Likes / 5 Comments / 33 Shares
This posting includes video file.
It is informative. However, people rarely
click play button except there are huge
attractive factors (such as celebrity).
Analysis of World Vision Facebook page / Bad Example 2
613 Likes / 26 Comments / 12 Shares
Although this project is supported by company, it is not popular.
Contents design is not good (Not touching) / message is hard to catch
SWOT & Insights
- Contents (message + Picture)
- They have contents which saying ‘Help children!’
- Most postings of UNICEF, World Vision are written on timeline directly.
However, Freemed use their blog mainly.
(Write blog link on Facebook)
- Regardless of contents quality, publicity effects seems to different irregularly.
- many fans of Freemed facebook page are related with the organization.
Therefore, page fans have deeply interest in contents of freemed facebook page.
And they are more likely to cliking the likes button or share that contents.
- Most people who click the like button and share are young age. And many of
their facebook friends are also online consumers. (consumer who are classified
as joiners, collectors, critics, conversationalists, creators.). therefore, contents can
be spread effectively.
- Most contents are informative. Therefore it is easy to introduce other people
about what to do in Freemed.
Intimacy / active
- Contents are similar each other.
- Freemed is not famous compared to UNICEF or World Vision.
- Not interactive
- Young generation (Who likes freemed Facebook page) use facebook actively, they
can spread contents more effectively. (In point of speed)
- Freemed do not have many ‘likes’ compared to competitors.
- Freemed is managed by volunteers who have their own job. Therefore it is hard to
manage facebook page actively like UNICEF or World Vision.
- Freemed should retain more page fans.
Let’s start event to increase fans
- People have a interest when they believe that their participation can be really
helped to someone. (Sponsorship)
Be more detail!
- Contents should be made easy and accessible.
Let’s write more information on timeline! (Do not depend hugely
- Upload contents often than now.
Let’s use daily message (timely proper message & consider
To Improve brand Facebook Page of Freemed.
- Freemed facebook page contents should be written more friendly.
- When they make contents, It will be good to focus on specific person or situation.
Media Contents / Strategies
- If someone likes specific contents and share them, company do proportional
- Post should be written timely, easy and encouraging.
- Freemed should open their facebook page and try to communicate with
Facebook page of freemed doesn’t have a number of fans. I recommend events to
increase the number of ‘likes’.
# Happy Christmas with Freemed
Have you ever walk around in Christmas?
There are many families, couples who seem to very happy. However, if you pay little
more attention to other thing, you can see some people who seem to lonely and
We think everyone have to happy in Christmas
Please share this post and write comments to encourage the homeless.
1share = a pair of socks
Make contents which includes child’s story
# Let me introduce a lovely girl!
It is very cold outside!
Today, let me introduce a girl who lives in warm!! country, Kenya.
Her name is ‘Elizabeth’ and she wants to be a nurse who can help the sick.
Few days later, she becomes a sister!!! >.<
She is very happy.
However, she is a little bit worry…
Since she saw a friend’s mother passed away during delivery.
Please encourage Elizabeth to be a good sister. And take care of yourself ;)
(Your encouragement will be sent with delivery kits)